Court date.

Convicted Driver Insurance

Lourufc

Hi all.

My court date Is next week, it’s been rescheduled 3 times now but I’m confident this one will go ahead. My letter says I may not be able to take someone with me, I live alone currently and family do not Live close so I have not yet got a “household bubble”. I have 3 character references currently - is anyone able to help me with my own personal letter? I’m not very good with words.What it should say etc and how long it should be.

What is considered appropriate to wear to court ie makeup etc.

i appreciate your help in advance.

louise

Oh my days I’m so sorry.

my charge is failing to provide. I did attempt to several times, but I was very anxious. I actually had no idea that sometimes the repercussions are a lot worse than if I had provided a sample.

This happened back in March. I am so worried, I haven’t driven since and will be sorry for the rest of my life.

Oh my days I’m so sorry.

my charge is failing to provide. I did attempt to several times, but I was very anxious. I actually had no idea that sometimes the repercussions are a lot worse than if I had provided a sample.

This happened back in March. I am so worried, I haven’t driven since and will be sorry for the rest of my life.
Hi you will feel like your whole world has fallen apart at the moment but remember you have not hurt anyone or killed or crashed your car.however failing to provide is maybe worse than providing a sample.take 1 day at a time,will you keep your job.....is using public transport and a bike an option....don't worry to much about court,dress smartly,show remorse,explain you tried to give a sample but were very anxious and upset.you will be required to pass a dvla medical before they issue you a licence again so stay of the drink for a good few months before renewal.

I have 2 jobs as I’m paying off debt, both of them have been very supportive. Public transport in an option, I am working from home from main job until September and furloughed from the other.

I know loads of people say this but I actually don’t drink that much as have a medical conditions and it’s not advised so shouldn’t be an issue.

I have 2 jobs as I’m paying off debt, both of them have been very supportive. Public transport in an option, I am working from home from main job until September and furloughed from the other.

I know loads of people say this but I actually don’t drink that much as have a medical conditions and it’s not advised so shouldn’t be an issue.
Get some refrecences of your employers if possible,this will help.

Hi all.

My court date Is next week, it’s been rescheduled 3 times now but I’m confident this one will go ahead. My letter says I may not be able to take someone with me, I live alone currently and family do not Live close so I have not yet got a “household bubble”. I have 3 character references currently - is anyone able to help me with my own personal letter? I’m not very good with words.What it should say etc and how long it should be.

What is considered appropriate to wear to court ie makeup etc.

i appreciate your help in advance.

louise

Hi Louise,

As I’ve said previously to members about attending court, obtaining character references is a good way of having some mitigating evidence to show your character and give light to the fact that what you have done is completely out of the ordinary and nothing that you ever would have done under different circumstances.

I take it that you are representing yourself? If so, your personal letter should give a brief background to the circumstances surrounding the offence and why it took place, the fact that you are remorseful and have considered the impact that it has had on other people’s lives as well as your own and how you plan to change you behaviour to make sure that you don’t find yourself in this situation again in the future. Also, make sure to reference your good behaviour and the fact that this is your first offence (I’m assuming you have a clean license up to this point) as well as the fact that you have character references to support your previous good character. The letter, when read out, should last no more than 6-7 minutes as a rough guide - it should be detailed, but not too detailed so that it will raise questions from the Magistrates later on. It might be worth contacting a solicitor to get some more in depth advice regarding this.

It really pays well to dress smartly when attending court and make sure to look at the Magistrates when you are addressing them - all the small things add up and will give off the impression that you are sincere and genuine.

Most importantly, make sure that you ask to be referred for the Drink Driver Rehabilitation Scheme course as upon completion, this will reduce your disqualification by 25%. You must ask for this during the the hearing as you will not get another opportunity after it has ended.

If you need any help, please feel free to give me a private message.

MM

I attended court on 26th June. The duty solicitor said I was in the custody threshold as I failed to provide without reasonable excuse. I was really worried at this stage. In court that day I was unable to put forward any mitigation, just enter a plea. Court was adjourned for sentencing until today. I had a video call with the probation officer last week who advised I was looking at a 2 year ban and potentially a curfew or unpaid work but would push for a fine.

Today I was sentenced. I represented myself. 18 month ban, reduced to 13.5 months with the course and a £735 fine. Overall I’m happy with the outcome and have felt a massive weight shift off my shoulders. Thank you to everyone on here, you have really helped me through my darkest days.

Well done Louise, you made it through the hardest bit... the build up to court is the worst, isn't it.
Glad you came back and posted your outcome :)

Well done Louise that's the hardest part over with,it surprising how fast your ban will pass best of luck

Enter code DRINKDRIVING10 during checkout for 10% off