court back logs

Convicted Driver Insurance

shaun2020uk

read on the internet that the courts are putting all driving related crimes to the bottom of the piles other than when there as been serious injuries or death involed mine was meant to be on the 15th of june now its the 28th of july gutted thats six weeks of my ban i could have already have done which is not good cause my work place is moving some time early in the new year for now its ok i dont have car cause i wrote it off , i only work 10 mins from where i live now but when we move its going to be 66 miles away from me cant be with out a job it will financially ruin me and my wife cause she only works part time due to health reasons and she is also going through hospitals appointments as well cause at the moment they dont know whats wrong with her shs had scans , xrays etc... but still on going , BIGGEST mistake of my life.

Last edited:
Hi Shaun,

It all depends on which court you have been told to attend. If it’s a ‘high traffic’ court such as one in a city or large town, then understandably there is going to be some form of prioritisation whereby the more serious offences which are at serious risk of a custodial sentence will be put in front of cases that are less serious in nature, or are not at risk of immediate custody.

I have no idea how courts are going to get past this backlog of cases that there currently seems to be other than categorising each individual case by offence type and using some sort of filtering so only hearing a certain number of each type of case per day or sending a group to a different court nearby to ease the congestion at the busier ones.

MM

do you think i have any grounds to the regards of my job next year being so far away as this would cause me financially ruin and maybe bankrupceiy with the amount i have to payout each month and also with the regaurds to my wife on going treatments at the hospital which isnt local either

It might be worth putting in a complaint to HMCTS directly as they can deal with a complaint regarding the administration of your case. The link is below for the procedure and how to submit a complaint using the online form:

I honestly think that any complaint about your case being delayed is going to go absolutely nowhere. All courts are delaying almost all cases so they are not going to make your case a priority because it suits you. Sorry to be blunt, and don’t think I am unsympathetic to the circumstances you find yourself in but I just want to be realistic with you.
if you do press ahead with a complaint, there are 3 stages to the process that can take 7 weeks to go through (if they manage to stick to their ‘aims of service’ in the current climate) so that takes you beyond the proposed court date anyway!

I honestly think that any complaint about your case being delayed is going to go absolutely nowhere. All courts are delaying almost all cases so they are not going to make your case a priority because it suits you. Sorry to be blunt, and don’t think I am unsympathetic to the circumstances you find yourself in but I just want to be realistic with you.
if you do press ahead with a complaint, there are 3 stages to the process that can take 7 weeks to go through (if they manage to stick to their ‘aims of service’ in the current climate) so that takes you beyond the proposed court date anyway!
Thanks for your input but i havent filled a complaint i have just emailed the court and the longer my case is delayed the more financial pain it will cause me and my wife maybe even to the point of bankruptcy my wife cant work full time since she as health issues as well

Thanks for your input but i havent filled a complaint i have just emailed the court and the longer my case is delayed the more financial pain it will cause me and my wife maybe even to the point of bankruptcy my wife cant work full time since she as health issues as well

Agree with Price here, the court won't consider this in the current climate. Drink driving cases aren't even close to being a priority. They're currently handing out court dates in September in my home town, 2 men I attend AA with have been caught over lockdown and were given court dates towards the end of September.

well i may as well just declare bankruptcy now then cause it wont just effect me it will effect my wife as well i am not saying i didnt do wrong with what i did it was a STUPID MISTAKE that will haunt me forever to be honest its broke me as a person now i have never cried so much in my whole life doesnt feel like it will get any better feels to me like it getting worse not sleeping court hanging over my head and the fact well will be left with nothing this time next year all for a stupid drink and since the incident after even touch a tin well say that opened a tin made me feel sick thrown it down the sink.

For every person in your situation, there are probably 3 thanking the almighty that they are keeping their licence for another 3 months because of the delay in a hearing so they can make alternative arrangements or seek a different job. It is what it is. Declaring yourself bankrupt because of what might happen in 14 months time makes no sense, and can’t happen because if you are financially sound now you cannot apply Anyway on the basis of a future event.
you need to get some support with your feelings. There are phone help lines available (https://helplines.org/helplines/ is a good place to look ) and others on here can talk you through how they faced dealing with similar worries to what you are looking at. You company may not even move given what has happened in the past 3 months so deal with what is happening NOW in your life and then see how events unfold in the future.

For every person in your situation, there are probably 3 thanking the almighty that they are keeping their licence for another 3 months because of the delay in a hearing so they can make alternative arrangements or seek a different job. It is what it is. Declaring yourself bankrupt because of what might happen in 14 months time makes no sense, and can’t happen because if you are financially sound now you cannot apply Anyway on the basis of a future event.
you need to get some support with your feelings. There are phone help lines available (https://helplines.org/helplines/ is a good place to look ) and others on here can talk you through how they faced dealing with similar worries to what you are looking at. You company may not even move given what has happened in the past 3 months so deal with what is happening NOW in your life and then see how events unfold in the future.
My company is moving they have already moved extrusion side of it ours us moving in new year so yes it will happen we have been open all through lockdown and having my liesence still make no difference no car wrote off and still paying for it for 4 years and no i cant seek new job that pays like mine pay round me doesnt even come close to what i earn so finical ruin it would be

I'm sorry you've had to go through this mate, one stupid decision can leave so much destruction in its wake. If it's badly effecting your daily life I would suggest looking in to councelling, we have all been through the shame on this forum as most of the posters here have been in your shoes.

There's not a whole lot you can do until your court appearance, in terms of your job. If you can't get a lift to the new job site then you will have to look into public transport. Failing that you will have to look at jobs closer to home even if that means a salary cut. It's not permanent, once your ban is over you can return to working in your field. Speak to your creditors and make them aware of your change in circumstances if you take a role with less wages and tell them what you can afford per month. Most creditors are happy to work with you, they would rather a smaller payment than you defaulting.

Unfortunately with the unpredictability of Covid-19 and the possibility of second and third waves, there is no way to predict when this whole mess will be over.

Enter code DRINKDRIVING10 during checkout for 10% off