Court…scared

Convicted Driver Insurance

Alybongo!

Hi All,
I’m in court tomorrow…so, so scared.
I blew 89…no one hurt, no damage caused…no previous record…age 50
What do you think my ban will be?
Police report states I was polite and coherent.
drove 1min 30secs at 9pm
Thank you

Remember what I told you about trying to ask for the charge to be amended BEFORE YOUR COURT CASE STARTS in the morning if the prosecutor will amend the charge to being ‘in charge of a motor vehicle whilst over the limit’. Possibly see if you can speak to the duty solicitor about it, as previously advised.

If he refuses, and you enter a guilty plea to drink driving, you will face a 29-36 month ban.
Remember to ask for the Drink Drive Rehabilitation course, if the magistrates do not offer it (knocks off up to 25% of the ban)
Dress smart, apologise to the court for taking up theirs and the police time.

Let us know how you get on…….

Hi All,
I’m in court tomorrow…so, so scared.
I blew 89…no one hurt, no damage caused…no previous record…age 50
What do you think my ban will be?
Police report states I was polite and coherent.
drove 1min 30secs at 9pm
Thank you
Don’t be scared, I was just the same as you, blew 88, pleaded guilty immediately, in my 50’s and first time ever in trouble. Court was absolutely fine once inside, just three magistrates and 3 other officials in a fairly small room. Got 36 month ban and £1,500 fine. Ban reduced by 36 weeks if I do a course. Wrote a letter that I read out, duty solicitor saw me beforehand and gave advice.

Thank you.
Can I ask if your ban was so long because you blew the higher end of the scale?
So, so scared x
TBH I thought they banned me for 27 months at Court but I got a letter from DVLA saying 36. I think a mistake’s been made somewhere. I think it’s just luck, some people on this forum have blown far higher and/or had previous and aggravating factors and got far less 🤷🏻‍♀️

TBH I thought they banned me for 27 months at Court but I got a letter from DVLA saying 36. I think a mistake’s been made somewhere. I think it’s just luck, some people on this forum have blown far higher and/or had previous and aggravating factors and got far less 🤷🏻‍♀️
They will have said “36 months, reduced to 27 if you take the course….”

They will have said “36 months, reduced to 27 if you take the course….”
36 months is way outside the sentencing guidelines tho for 88 breath test, no previous, good character and no aggravating factors. I guess I was just unlucky.

Thank you.
Can I ask if your ban was so long because you blew the higher end of the scale?
So, so scared x
Good luck today, try not to panic, remember to them it's just their jobs. Keep a clear head and follow Price's suggestions, it will all be over before you know it ..

Good luck today.
I’m at court for sentencing next week.
I blew 135, hit parked cars AND had my child in the car.
Things could always be worse.
It’s a scary time but it’s very much a lesson learnt and this doesn’t need to define us.
Good luck.

Hi All
Just to let you know I’m back from court.
I got 22 months and offered course. Fined £725
Seems forever but did you guys cope without a car?
Thank you for all your support.
glad it’s over but worried about press as reporter in court.
Aly

Hi All
Just to let you know I’m back from court.
I got 22 months and offered course. Fined £725
Seems forever but did you guys cope without a car?
Thank you for all your support.
glad it’s over but worried about press as reporter in court.
Aly
Thanks for letting us know, 22 months was a good result and at least the worry of the waiting is now over and you can get on with our life.
Even if it is in the press, a newspaper is tomorrows chip wrapping paper!

Thank you Price.
Do you think time will go quickly?
What you do on this site is amazing…don’t feel alone when I’m on here….thss as no you

Thank you Price.
Do you think time will go quickly?
What you do on this site is amazing…don’t feel alone when I’m on here….thss as no you

I am pleased to say that I have never had the experience of disqualification for drink driving, but people report on here that you do adapt well to not driving. If travel to work is a problem, you could always look at getting an Electric bike (NOT an E-scooter !!) they do not require a driving licence so they can be ridden by a disqualified driver.
Several people have turned up on Drink Drive Rehabilitation courses riding one, and they always provoke a lot of interest from other clients!

Good luck today.
I’m at court for sentencing next week.
I blew 135, hit parked cars AND had my child in the car.
Things could always be worse.
It’s a scary time but it’s very much a lesson learnt and this doesn’t need to define us.
Good luck.
have you been sentenced now?

Hi Marty,
Yes, I got 22 months ban and £725 fine.
I’ve been in the press last couple of days, which has been awful but no more than I deserve.
A
Really sorry to hear that - being in the papers must be awful - it was my biggest worry but thankfully the local press didn't run any court stories the week I got convicted

Enter code DRINKDRIVING10 during checkout for 10% off