Coronavirus for HROs

Convicted Driver Insurance
really?
Surely everyone isn’t putting 0 for that question though?
Trust me on this and check other threads. When you fill in the questionare at dvla approved docs there are other "traps" such as last drink date it all depends on applicants history whether HRO. Its all on this forum. Medical section good luck

I applied for my licence back 1st May.
Medical appointment beginning of August.
Received a letter confirming they have contacted my Gp (18th August).
I have a consultation with Gp next week.
Ban ended mid July.
When will this saga end 😬

I applied for my licence back 1st May.
Medical appointment beginning of August.
Received a letter confirming they have contacted my Gp (18th August).
I have a consultation with Gp next week.
Ban ended mid July.
When will this saga end 😬
I hope you don’t mind me asking but is there a reason why they have contacted your GP or are you in the dark?

I hope you don’t mind me asking but is there a reason why they have contacted your GP or are you in the dark?
I had answered a few yes on the questionnaire. As I thought it was better too be truthful than lie.

I'm getting pissed off now with dvla,ban ended 21st June,my cheque was cashed mid July, several phone calls to then be sent a further information dr1 form,which I had 14 days to return, at my cost,and did,stating yes to previous alcohol misuse/dependency, last drink over a year ago,mental health yes as I'm on mirtazapine, just a low dose,and spoke to a horrible advisor yesterday morning saying it was scanned onto the system 28th August and just waiting for the medical team to make a decision what to do next, Write to my gp ffs!
All my information is held by my gp,everything they need to know!!
Feel like I've paid for a service which I haven't received...has anyone made a complaint btw?

I'm getting pissed off now with dvla,ban ended 21st June,my cheque was cashed mid July, several phone calls to then be sent a further information dr1 form,which I had 14 days to return, at my cost,and did,stating yes to previous alcohol misuse/dependency, last drink over a year ago,mental health yes as I'm on mirtazapine, just a low dose,and spoke to a horrible advisor yesterday morning saying it was scanned onto the system 28th August and just waiting for the medical team to make a decision what to do next, Write to my gp ffs!
Feel like I've paid for a service which I haven't received...has anyone made a complaint btw?

Drives you mad doesn’t it, whenever I call to see if there’s any progress they talk to me like I’m the inconvenience 🙄

Hi

I finally had my HRO Medical yesterday and for what its worth thought I would detail what was involved as one thing certainly surprised me.

• Firstly I had to complete the DR1 form (again) which is the medical questionnaire. When I thought I had finished the Dr pointed out I needed to do the AUDIT Score on the back of the form. This is the score most doctors use to gauge Alcohol consumption and gives you a final score. Now given I have not touched Alcohol for over a year my score was only 2 but given I was not expecting it it could catch people out. Not sure if everyone has to do the AUDIT Score but it is worth bearing in mind.
  • Dr took blood for CDT analysis and asked a couple of questions, just really confirming what I had put on the DR1.
  • Quick examination of stomach and abdomen
  • Very quick listen to heart and chest
  • Quick look at eyes and face

That was about it. Completing the form took 80% of the time and I was out in around 25 minutes. Here is a link for the AUDIT score

Hope this helps

Dexter

Judging by everybody’s else’s experiences of the medical, I’m a bit anxious as my medical lasted less than 5 minutes! He asked me one question and filled the questionnaire out for me, took the cdt blood test and that was it. No physical examination, didn’t ask for my gp’s details, nothing like that. Anyone else had a medical like this??

Update

I would add that I have had to be abstinent for 12 months following being classed as having historic alcohol dependence. That may mean my exam was a bit more in depth than a standard HRO Medical. Do not know this for sure or it could be the Doctors doing the exam vary greatly.

Hello everyone,

PLEASE HELP ME! I applied for my licence in March (just before the pandemic), payment was taken in April. Then Covid shut everything down and I was told there were no medicals for 12 weeks
Very frustrating as my ban was up May 3rd but I got over that. Had my medical July 21st, a letter was sent to my GP and returned to the DVLA in full by August 21st and the DVLA confirmed they had everything they needed and it was now just the decision they were waiting on...
I went through the questionnaire with my GP and she said there was no medical reason for me not to drive, I received my CDT results and got a score of 1.1%. So there is absolutely no reason now for me not to get it back.
It has been almost 3 weeks since anyone at the DVLA has been able to give me an update, they just keep saying "we've got everything, you'll get your licence soon"
I know of people getting their licence back within days of their paperwork being received, in face somebody I know applied in June and got their licence back 3 weeks ago (2 weeks after blood test), why would mine take 3 weeks and what can I do to get things moving?? I've already made a complaint and heard nothing back

Very frustrated as surely those of us who applied 6 months ago should be prioritized over those who applied a month ago?

Hello everyone,

PLEASE HELP ME! I applied for my licence in March (just before the pandemic), payment was taken in April. Then Covid shut everything down and I was told there were no medicals for 12 weeks
Very frustrating as my ban was up May 3rd but I got over that. Had my medical July 21st, a letter was sent to my GP and returned to the DVLA in full by August 21st and the DVLA confirmed they had everything they needed and it was now just the decision they were waiting on...
I went through the questionnaire with my GP and she said there was no medical reason for me not to drive, I received my CDT results and got a score of 1.1%. So there is absolutely no reason now for me not to get it back.
It has been almost 3 weeks since anyone at the DVLA has been able to give me an update, they just keep saying "we've got everything, you'll get your licence soon"
I know of people getting their licence back within days of their paperwork being received, in face somebody I know applied in June and got their licence back 3 weeks ago (2 weeks after blood test), why would mine take 3 weeks and what can I do to get things moving?? I've already made a complaint and heard nothing back

Very frustrated as surely those of us who applied 6 months ago should be prioritized over those who applied a month ago?
UPDATE ON ABOVE

Emailed Tim Burton and a lady called me within 5 minutes and issued my licence as of midnight!

I made a complaint 2 days ago but I sent my application in March and licence due back May 3rd so I has basically got to the end of my tether 6 months on! Still no licence but they've promised it tomorrow now
Apparently they have received thousands of complaints though so worth doing I would say, can't do any damage!

I did my medical July 21st, they wrote to my GP and had received everything back and scanned in for decision on the 28th of August, it's taking forever to do anything. My advice is to call your GP and ask if you can go through the questionnaire with them

I made a complaint 2 days ago but I sent my application in March and licence due back May 3rd so I has basically got to the end of my tether 6 months on! Still no licence but they've promised it tomorrow now
Apparently they have received thousands of complaints though so worth doing I would say, can't do any damage!

I did my medical July 21st, they wrote to my GP and had received everything back and scanned in for decision on the 28th of August, it's taking forever to do anything. My advice is to call your GP and ask if you can go through the questionnaire with them
As a matter of interest did you expect them to write to your GP or was that a complete surprise?

UPDATE ON ABOVE

Emailed Tim Burton and a lady called me within 5 minutes and issued my licence as of midnight!
Congrats AJC37

Hi AJC I was due my licence back in February! If its OK can I ask if you were HRO. I've been told my medical August was fine but they won't issue licence until October. It looks like you've had your GP well on side for you, congrats

Congrats AJC37

Hi AJC I was due my licence back in February! If its OK can I ask if you were HRO. I've been told my medical August was fine but they won't issue licence until October. It looks like you've had your GP well on side for you, congrats
Absolutely. Yes I was a HRO, have they given you a reason for it being October??
I think mine would have taken just as long it i hadn't contacted head of medical tbh! Glad I did now

As a matter of interest did you expect them to write to your GP or was that a complete surprise?
Absolute surprise. I got so upset and confused when they told me and couldn't figure out why. But I imagine it was due to the fact I said I was on a lot of allergy medication
The GP questionnaire if purely based on alcohol dependency issues and medication

Enter code DRINKDRIVING10 during checkout for 10% off