Coronavirus for HROs

Convicted Driver Insurance
Hello

Having read numerous posts I have decided to circumvent the DVLA HRO Medical process and arrange my own with a DVLA approved clinic. I have found a local clinic that will complete one and I have an M reference I can give them for my paperwork. I do however have one question that I am hoping someone can give a steer on............. Should I speak to DVLA before I arrange the medical or just give the clinic my M reference and take it from there.

Thanks in advance

If you give the clinic your M number then they should be able to request the paperwork from DVLA.
You cannot have the medical without DVLA first having authorised it And sent the paperwork.

Thanks, so is it wise to speak to the DVLA first or will the fact they sent me the 'requirement for a medical letter' back in May give me confidence there should be no reason they would not send the paperwork to the clinic

The requirement letter, with the M reference, should be Ll you need to approach the clinic.

Like I said mate 15 month abstinence with proof what more can they ask for, stay positive your getting this licence.

Hello everyone, Well I have now rang to try and arrange my medical privately with DVLA approved doctors. (Working down the list with geographically nearest clinics first!) I have sent emails and tried ringing DVLA with only the standard responses. I feel now I should start the stage 1 complaint as my ban ended on July 6th and I am a critical key worker. Any advice or links welcome. Thank you

Hello everyone, Well I have now rang to try and arrange my medical privately with DVLA approved doctors. (Working down the list with geographically nearest clinics first!) I have sent emails and tried ringing DVLA with only the standard responses. I feel now I should start the stage 1 complaint as my ban ended on July 6th and I am a critical key worker. Any advice or links welcome. Thank you
Please can you provide list you used to identify DVLA approved doctors?

I had mine on the 16th. From what other members have said on here, give it 8 days, then first login to the DVLA online licence check as this is the first to be updated. If your issue number is one digit higher than before they have issued your licence.

I am assuming this kind of turn around depends whether you stated you were a keyworker, where you got your medical done and that your cdt reading was very low and conformed to the answers on the questionare.

Wonder if someone could help me out here please:

I was disqualified for 13 months as a HRO in late 2016.

I only reapplied for my licence in March this year. I had put on the form that I had had a seizure and the DVLA swiftly sent me a form to fill in. This seizure was not related to alcohol but to changing GPs and being without long-term medication for several days. It was a one-off an happened several years ago. I made this clear on the form.

I returned the form to DVLA just before the COVID lockdown.

Then nothing from DVLA until this week. They haven't contacted my GP as I thought they would. I was expecting their correspondence to be about me now having to arrange a medical.

Instead, they sent me DR1 (alcohol) and DR2 (illicit drugs) forms to complete and return. I've never taken illicit drugs.

Is this standard practice, to send these forms before notification to attend a medical? Is the medical the next thing I should expect after I have returned these and they have no doubt contacted my GP for further information (my GP strongly supports me getting my licence back, if that makes any difference). Or could they refuse my application before even letting me go to a medical (I have been teetotal for over a year, and my GP will confirm this).

Thanks for reading.

Writing to my local MP helped and it got me on the priority list. They finally gave in and allowed me to have my medical at the infamous aveley medical centre. Ironically they said that the clinic I was originally meant to go to was opening back up in a week anyway so I may as well wait and book it there !!

Writing to tim Burton at the DVLA helps speed things up too.

Writing to my local MP helped and it got me on the priority list. They finally gave in and allowed me to have my medical at the infamous aveley medical centre. Ironically they said that the clinic I was originally meant to go to was opening back up in a week anyway so I may as well wait and book it there !!

Writing to tim Burton at the DVLA helps speed things up too.

Thanks for that :)

Enter code DRINKDRIVING10 during checkout for 10% off