Coronavirus for HROs

Convicted Driver Insurance
I am getting upset now. Not sure when I can get my medical(I am HRO) and can't ever get through on the phone to DVLA. Ban ended on 6th July but I haven't heard anything except they are waiting to get medicals and no idea when they will take place. Online I am issue number 38 but don't know what that means. Any advice?

You need to contact a clinic yourself. Give them your DVLA reference number (starts with M) and ask them to request your paperwork from the DVLA. Once they've done that they can book you in. I'm attaching list of clinics that 'should' do DVLA medicals.
You also need to make complaints to the DVLA via their website. Keep on at them!

The issue number is a random number, but it increases by 1 each time you are issued a new license for whatever reason (whether its change of address, updated photo, replacing a misplaced one etc). My issue number was 64. It now says 65, meaning they have issued me a new license.

Attachments

• MCA_Approved_Doctors_in_UK_22_May_2020.pdf
    275.6 KB · Views: 50
No worries. Best of luck with yours. I just want to thank everyone for all of their contributions and stories and updates. I started following a couple of months ago, and if I hadn't, I would've received my 'not currently doing medicals' letter and just thought that was that. This forum gives hope, and from reading various threads on here, proves that with determination and lots of complaining and pestering them, the DVLA will eventually listen! Don't back down or give up!

Quick question:

Which envelope did you use to send paperwork/application to Lee Jones??
Which envelope should i use? The standard dvla brown one or a white one to stand out??

I forgot to put some info on d1,now been told to send it to him.

Congratulations to all who have finally come to the end of your journeys in getting your medicals. This forum has provided a lot of insights and useful information. Very quick turn arounds happening now. I sent D1 to Lee Jones 3 weeks ago, cheque processed last week, got a call from DVLA yesterday and medical booked for tomorrow.

I have abstained from alchohol for 6 weeks to be safe, not that I drank a lot previously anyway.

Best of luck to everyone.

No news from my medical last Thursday yet.

Cheque still not cashed even though I sent the application on 01/04/2020. They've told me no to worry about that though as the cheque number is listed on the system :-S

I paid for my medical over the phone with kim at Aveley medical, I spoke to the surgery next door today and they said they rent that section of the building but they are a proper set up,

I paid for my medical over the phone with kim at Aveley medical, I spoke to the surgery next door today and they said they rent that section of the building but they are a proper set up,
Hi mate
Sorry, I think came across wrong the way I wrote that.
My medical was paid for over the phone with Kim when I booked it £98.50
I meant my £90 DVLA cheque I sent with my application on 01/04/2020 hasn't been cashed yet. 15 weeks ago!

Hi mate
Sorry, I think came across wrong the way I wrote that.
My medical was paid for over the phone with Kim when I booked it £98.50
I meant my £90 DVLA cheque I sent with my application on 01/04/2020 hasn't been cashed yet. 15 weeks ago!
Mate I so would not worry about that as they would not have released your paperwork to medical centre to undergo blood test.

I sent my application to Lee Jones back in May but no contact yet. I keep trying to telephone DVLA and sent yet another email today but just get the standard responses that they cant give any information due to Covid.

I just find it strange it's not been cashed yet even though I've had my medical. I thought they cashed the cheque before they organised anything else.

Bev - you will have a medical 'M' number on the letter saying they are not arranging medicals. You need to give this to the doctors surgery nearest to you that is doing medicals and ask them to request your paperwork to complete your medical. You need to arrange this yourself or you will be waiting ages. Teaboy88 posted a list for you above.

Hi benpollard99. Thank you. Yes, Teaboy88 kindly sent me the list and I have rung a local DVLA doctor's surgery and they will call me back tomorrow. I am getting more and more frustrated now.

I sent my application to Lee Jones back in May but no contact yet. I keep trying to telephone DVLA and sent yet another email today but just get the standard responses that they cant give any information due to Covid.

I don't get this. When does your ban end? Also when I got my letter today from DVLA with the reference number, after only speaking to them yesterday and choosing a clinic, it didnt mention that medicals can't be carried out due to covid. It stated my chosen clinic details with info on the medical itself.

Hi benpollard99. Thank you. Yes, Teaboy88 kindly sent me the list and I have rung a local DVLA doctor's surgery and they will call me back tomorrow. I am getting more and more frustrated now.
Yay :) I pray they ring you back with good news to book an appointment then.

Hi everyone,

The list of approved surgery’s / clinics for HRO Medicals is very useful Teaboy88 but can any one confirm the DVLA are accepting the fact HRO’s are arranging their own medicals and that the DVLA are then sending the paperwork out to the relevant surgery / clinic. Any comments would be useful as my 12 months of abstinence is nearly up and my GP returned his report over two months ago...... but like many I seem to be ion the DVLA Merry Go Round.

Hi everyone,

The list of approved surgery’s / clinics for HRO Medicals is very useful Teaboy88 but can any one confirm the DVLA are accepting the fact HRO’s are arranging their own medicals and that the DVLA are then sending the paperwork out to the relevant surgery / clinic. Any comments would be useful as my 12 months of abstinence is nearly up and my GP returned his report over two months ago...... but like many I seem to be ion the DVLA Merry Go Round.

The DVLA are bullshitting about being unable to arrange medicals. Like others on this (and others) forum, I had recieved a letter saying that due to covid they weren't arranging any medicals. I contacted a clinic that although wasn't my nearest one (77 miles away), others had contacted and had success with. This clinic is Aveley Medical Centre in Essex. One chap I spoke with had his appointment there the day after mine. He travelled from Leicester!
When I made contact with the clinic, it is the clinic who contacts DVLA to request your case papers from them, in order to then book an appointment. I phoned on a Monday. They rung me the next day to say they had recieved my paperwork from the DVLA. Presumably this was faxed/emailed to the clinic. The same day I first contacted the clinic, I also put a complaint in to the DVLA stating that I'm a key worker, other people had been granted medical appointments (calling them out on their bullshit), and that i would be made unemployed if my licence isn't renewed on time, causing financial hardship etc etc
So yes, they are allowing medicals, just that you may have to complain a bit and work at getting one

Seems pretty cut and dried, thanks very much. As an aside I am staggered that a huge Govt Agency can get away with failing miserably in basic communication and in all honesty lying. Whilst appreciating the massive challenges facing the whole country life goes on and I am yet to see any honest explanation as to why they cannot arrange medicals when those carrying them out are happy to do them. I hope some of the decision making displayed by the DVLA will be scrutinised when the dust settles.

Seems pretty cut and dried, thanks very much. As an aside I am staggered that a huge Govt Agency can get away with failing miserably in basic communication and in all honesty lying. Whilst appreciating the massive challenges facing the whole country life goes on and I am yet to see any honest explanation as to why they cannot arrange medicals when those carrying them out are happy to do them. I hope some of the decision making displayed by the DVLA will be scrutinised when the dust settles.

Yep. The trouble is, they are answerable to nobody. They can do what they like with little to no consequence!

Enter code DRINKDRIVING10 during checkout for 10% off