Coronavirus for HROs

Convicted Driver Insurance
Posted my application on the 01/04/2020. Complained on 20/05/2020. Received response to complaint 03/06/2020 apologising for length of time taken because of covid etc. Next day received the DR1 medical questionnaire in the post. Sent that straight back next day recorded. 25/06/2020 received letter saying no medicals being done at the minute. 29/06/2020 I booked my own medical by getting the DVLA approved doctor to ask for my records from the DVLA. I have my medical next Thursday 09/07/2020. That's 14 weeks after my application was first sent in! Sent another complaint yesterday basically saying i wasn't happy with the way my application has been processed and that as a key worker I should have been prioritised. Not drank for 15 months so medical should be all good.

So they got you to send a medical questionnaire before your medical date aswell mate maybe it is because we are key workers then looks like it's been a nightmare for you gettin yours done

Yes I was classed as priority 1 but it's not worth a Thomas tank, when started the complaints that's when I got good progress hence my medical next week.

There are a hell of a lot of key workers on here including myself who did not receive questionnaire, I know its wishful thinking but maybe your cases are not so bad and there by passing medical to ease the back log, but do not quote me on that as its purely a thought with no supporting evidence.

So they got you to send a medical questionnaire before your medical date aswell mate maybe it is because we are key workers then looks like it's been a nightmare for you gettin yours done
Absolute nightmare - pure torture as I've done my 3 year ban and then 15 months on top as didn't reapply till I'd got my year sober at end of March. Got my CDT medical next Thursday which will be well below 1% but will still probably write to my GP which will probably take another month. The new car's been sat on the drive 4 weeks now I can't believe it's taken this long.

Good luck pal keep us all posted on your progress ps well done for staying sober for so long I hope I can do that one day

benpollard99

Nice one about the sobriety - just look at this fiasco as a short term inconvenience and you'll be back on the road sooner than you think.

CJ

I have been reading through this thread, how do you raise a complaint stage 1. As I think this is going to be the next step.

Got my letter from DVLA yesterday as they didn’t write to my gp and i was a hro. 0.7% on the cdt results. And I was still having about 1-2 bottles of beer a night. Only abstained for a week.

Keep going guys. DVLA are responding to complaints and starting to sort things out for everyone

All,
First of all I would like to thank everyone on this forum for taking the time to share their experiences, support and advice that makes it much easier to deal with this predicament..
I am a HRO and my ban expires first week of September,. I sent a D1 together with a postal order which cost me £102 at the post office instead of £90 since I no longer use a cheque book at 90days on 10 June but haven't received any response. Im a key worker and have seen on this forum that I should have sent my application to Lee Jones to speed up the process ? However, I still want to write to Lee Jones but my question is do I have to complete another D1 form and a cover letter to explain my circumstances and also make another payment? Or shall I write a cover letter without a D1 form and postal order? Will Lee Jones be able to see my original application as reference which I posted on 10 June? Thank you

Hi killerT

I’d use the complaint link (as posted above) or the online key worker contact function. Explain everything you’ve listed in your post. Say it’s causing unnecessary stress and anxiety at an already anxious time.
This applies to everyone.
Give them the dates you sent your app in and when your ban is up and say you’ve been adhering to all timescales and are being proactive in wanting to get your medical booked and sorted. I said in my complaint that I was aware of others who had arranged their medicals and been accepted my DVLA. I didn’t name this forum but said how unfair it is and that it appears to be a postcode lottery. If you have any genuine health concerns that make you vulnerable then list them too. This won’t apply to many but I’m 29 weeks pregnant so have to shield from next week, I told them that and said I was struggling to get to antenatal appointments on the bus.
Literally anything you can think of, put it to them.

Enter code DRINKDRIVING10 during checkout for 10% off