Coronavirus for HROs

Convicted Driver Insurance
Sillyme,

keep at them I did and I'm now booked for medical, they told me I would not be forgotten, we are just a number to them, eventually you will get someone who gives a dam @ the dvla.

Spoke to my GP surgery today who said they are happy to do the medical but they have to hear from the DVLA.spoke to someone at DVLA on the phone who was so rude it was shocking who informed me that "i will just have to wait like everyone else" .Could be a week three weeks or months according to rude man.My ban is up in 12 days only sent my forms in 2 weeks ago due to being told im not "allowed" to re apply by post or online repeatedly .Was informed by DVLA that they would inform me when i was eligible to apply lol but as a HRO i became eligible 78 days ago.. complaint number 3 went in today .
Well as from Monday, Wales have now relaxed their social distancing rules and so the DVLA won’t be able to hide behind the rules anymore, how on Earth they are going to catch up is beyond me!

I haven't seen about Wales relaxing their social distancing rules on 2 metres, this is the last thing seen from 24th June at First Ministers Questions:

"When pressed on whether the Welsh Government would consider following England in cutting the 2 metres social distancing rule to 1 metre, the First Minister did cite evidence from the scientific advisory body SAGE that halving the distance from 2 metres increases the risk of Covid-19 transmission by two to five times. Any decision to cut the distance in Wales will be based on evidence. "

I haven't seen about Wales relaxing their social distancing rules on 2 metres, this is the last thing seen from 24th June at First Ministers Questions:

"When pressed on whether the Welsh Government would consider following England in cutting the 2 metres social distancing rule to 1 metre, the First Minister did cite evidence from the scientific advisory body SAGE that halving the distance from 2 metres increases the risk of Covid-19 transmission by two to five times. Any decision to cut the distance in Wales will be based on evidence. "

I spoke to a gentleman named Alun on team 14 rudest man ever, I've put a complaint in. I have spoke to a doctor who said he's happy and DVLA also said he's registered, but they are refusing to send my details over. Anyone know what I can do.

I spoke to a gentleman named Alun on team 14 rudest man ever, I've put a complaint in. I have spoke to a doctor who said he's happy and DVLA also said he's registered, but they are refusing to send my details over. Anyone know what I can do.

You may aswell be patient and wait now. Every clinic will be opening the next couple of weeks

no mention of 2 metres being relaxed in there? Just Lockdown rules being relaxed.
Ok, well if you’ve seen any news today the welsh bloke said they are now changing their message to ‘Stay Local’ instead of ‘stay home’ (https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.th...es-lockdown-cautiously-with-stay-local-slogan) so hopefully more DVLA staff will be able to return to work. I kinda think DVLA is an essential service, I mean it’s almost like the DVLA are responsible for giving people their driving licences

Most of the staff are rude and not helpful at all, I have complained to the chief executive, does anyone know how to raise my complaint higher. The gentleman I spoke to needs disciplinary and customer service training.

Ok, well if you’ve seen any news today the welsh bloke said they are now changing their message to ‘Stay Local’ instead of ‘stay home’ (https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.th...es-lockdown-cautiously-with-stay-local-slogan) so hopefully more DVLA staff will be able to return to work. I kinda think DVLA is an essential service, I mean it’s almost like the DVLA are responsible for giving people their driving licences
The issue seems to be about the layout of the building, and the 2 metre rule... plus the union sticking their oar in to prevent staff doing back so extra travel allowances are not going to alter that for now.
There really does have to be a plan for more work being done and staff brought in to deal with the backlog.

The issue seems to be about the layout of the building, and the 2 metre rule... plus the union sticking their oar in to prevent staff doing back so extra travel allowances are not going to alter that for now.
There really does have to be a plan for more work being done and staff brought in to deal with the backlog.
Planning doesn’t seem to be strong hand

Funny isnt it as so many other organisations have managed to keep processing through this situation .The dwp for example have been very busy managing to process millions of unemployment applications despite the two metre guidlines.Are all their building lay outs corona friendly i wonder.

Hi.
I’m new to this forum. My driving ban was up on the 15th June. I have had a letter from the Dvla to say their arent arranging medicals.
From this forum it seems you can book your own with a DVlA approved centre & they can request the details from the Dvla to get the ball moving? if this is right does anyone know anywhere in South Yorkshire? Thank you!!

Hi.
I’m new to this forum. My driving ban was up on the 15th June. I have had a letter from the Dvla to say their arent arranging medicals.
From this forum it seems you can book your own with a DVlA approved centre & they can request the details from the Dvla to get the ball moving? if this is right does anyone know anywhere in South Yorkshire? Thank you!!

Here is a list that I previously found on here of clinics that are used to carry out Marine medicals. No garuntees that they all definitely carry out DVLA medicals, but most seem to.

Attachments

• MCA_Approved_Doctors_in_UK_22_May_2020.pdf
    275.6 KB · Views: 33
As posted previously on here, I recieved my letter on 20th June from the DVLA stating that they are not doing medicals. On the Monday I phoned a clinic about 1hr 30mins away that other people had managed to get booked into. They requested my DVLA paperwork and phoned me the next day (23rd June) to arrange my medical, which is this coming Thursday, 2nd July.
Now yesterday in the post I recieved a letter from the DVLA (dated 23rd June) inviting me to make my medical appointment, and that my nearest clinic is ironically, the one I've already booked.
It's probably just coincidence, and they've sent it off the back of sending my paperwork to the clinic, but I'd like to think that they are starting to arrange appointments and give you guys some hope.

Funny isnt it as so many other organisations have managed to keep processing through this situation .The dwp for example have been very busy managing to process millions of unemployment applications despite the two metre guidlines.Are all their building lay outs corona friendly i wonder.

I would be very surprised if many DWP employees are working from an office. The majority of public sector (and private sector for that matter) organisations have very well rehearsed disaster recovery procedures whereby they can deploy their call centre agents at home at short notice. This is why DWP has been able to process so many applications. Maybe the DVLA wasn't quite so well prepared.

I would be very surprised if many DWP employees are working from an office. The majority of public sector (and private sector for that matter) organisations have very well rehearsed disaster recovery procedures whereby they can deploy their call centre agents at home at short notice. This is why DWP has been able to process so many applications. Maybe the DVLA wasn't quite so well prepared.

Yes i am aware that many organisations are working from home.

And yes you are right there.?

Enter code DRINKDRIVING10 during checkout for 10% off