Coronavirus for HROs

Convicted Driver Insurance
I'm an hro and phoned aveley medical centre. The lady was very kind and requested my paperwork from the DVLA , but unfortunately they refused to give it.

Arseholes .

The reason being according to the lady is they are only helping people who had there original CDT medical in the last week of march. My original medical was booked on the 10th of march.

Exhausted all avenues and now will just have to wait .

Deano
why would they only be dealing with end of march bookings and not before like yours, there telling you a load of crap, I kept on at them complained like crazy and now my medical is booked. Don't give up keep pushing.

I'm an hro and phoned aveley medical centre. The lady was very kind and requested my paperwork from the DVLA , but unfortunately they refused to give it.

Arseholes .

The reason being according to the lady is they are only helping people who had there original CDT medical in the last week of march. My original medical was booked on the 10th of march.

Exhausted all avenues and now will just have to wait .

That's ridiculous. Keep on at the DVLA via complaints. Play the keyworker card or say you'll be unemployed if you're not driving by a certain date. I'm classed as a keyworker anyhow and never had a medical booked before lockdown.
My ban ends 31st August. Sent D1 on 3rd June, had the 'no medicals' letter delivered on 20th. Phoned Aveley on Monday 22nd and she said she would request paperwork. Tuesday she phoned to say she'd recieved it and medical booked for next Thursday, 2nd July.

They're fobbing you off with no real reasons. Just Complain....complain.....complain!

Hi all. Updating everyone to the stays of my application.
I had my medical on the 9/6/20. And I called today and DVLA said they still hadn’t received the paperwork for the doctor. I called the called the doctor and they called DVLA and it appeared straight away. So my licence is reinstated from midnight to when my ban officially ended.

thanks to everyone’s advice on here. It’s been so helpful and a note to everyone.Be persistent with DVLA.And don’t give up.

...Been on my daily phone call with dvla waiting for my medical.
Different day,same bullshit;
"Apparently" all doctors are busy with the covid pandemic and they cannot take HRO'S from the dvla because clinics are stretched to the limit.
?
Gonna start a complaint soon

Well done hsb123. Delighted for you. I called DVLA today and after multiple attempts I hot through. I was as polite and thankful as I could be but got a rather curt response saying they had written to me 8/06 to state no medicals were taking place etc etc. I will persevere!

Well done hsb123. Delighted for you. I called DVLA today and after multiple attempts I hot through. I was as polite and thankful as I could be but got a rather curt response saying they had written to me 8/06 to state no medicals were taking place etc etc. I will persevere!
Same here. Got told no medicals because there's no doctors lol .I don't think the Welsh,mainly the staff at dvla Swansea got a telly in the house to see the news updates coz the way they speak its like we're still in full lockdown...

the DVLA have told me a clinic in my hometown of Wolverhampton where I was originally sent , will be opening to do the medicals on Monday .

that’s who I saw, nice fella. He was saying how he's really keen to get back doing the medicals but DVLA are holding back.
Yea he has the facilities to adhere to measures set by government, space a plenty not a problem, masks worn, any contact can anti bac, clean equipment in seconds..he has the time and at a guess I’d say many GP’s do, this time next month maybe not.

Please sign this petition to get DVLA to start medicals. I am a key worker and it seems unfair of people can start their driving tests if we cant do our medicals!

I don't mind travelling. I currently live in Preston, does anyone know of any numbers or places I could ring to get a medical done at this time. I am a key worker and my wife is a nurse. I have spoke to DVLA put numerous complaints in and even started a petition! All I'm getting is their doctors are not doing medicals at this time!

I don't mind travelling. I currently live in Preston, does anyone know of any numbers or places I could ring to get a medical done at this time. I am a key worker and my wife is a nurse. I have spoke to DVLA put numerous complaints in and even started a petition! All I'm getting is their doctors are not doing medicals at this time!
Dr Maclean 88 Rodney street Liverpool.

Spoke to my GP surgery today who said they are happy to do the medical but they have to hear from the DVLA.spoke to someone at DVLA on the phone who was so rude it was shocking who informed me that "i will just have to wait like everyone else" .Could be a week three weeks or months according to rude man.My ban is up in 12 days only sent my forms in 2 weeks ago due to being told im not "allowed" to re apply by post or online repeatedly .Was informed by DVLA that they would inform me when i was eligible to apply lol but as a HRO i became eligible 78 days ago.. complaint number 3 went in today .

Enter code DRINKDRIVING10 during checkout for 10% off