Coronavirus for HROs

Convicted Driver Insurance
I'm not sure how people on here have been getting through to DVLA over the phone as when I call the 0300 790 6801 number you are greeted with an automated message which tells you they are unable to answer any calls due to coronavirus and then it hangs up.

Having put a complaint in myself I have just had a DVLA phonecall and they have found a Dr for me, she did mention being a key worker however having one booked and cancelled three days before lockdown may factor too. Now awaiting to book medical and Paperwork being sent over, good luck all...feels amazing getting somewhere

I'm not sure how people on here have been getting through to DVLA over the phone as when I call the 0300 790 6801 number you are greeted with an automated message which tells you they are unable to answer any calls due to coronavirus and then it hangs up.
03007906806 try this number.

Having put a complaint in myself I have just had a DVLA phonecall and they have found a Dr for me, she did mention being a key worker however having one booked and cancelled three days before lockdown may factor too. Now awaiting to book medical and Paperwork being sent over, good luck all...feels amazing getting somewhere

How long did you have to wait after you made a complaint before they called you? I made a complaint 12 days ago. Still nothing.

Fingers crossed Driver87 you get a call today, for once it was a cheery call with DVLA obviously as she was giving good news but she was upbeat and not the usual condescending drawl response thus far. I think from complaint you get through to the department actually dealing with circumstances and each individual

Thanks Xtra crime. I will give it a few more days before I call DVLA directly. Congratulations on getting your's sorted and moving forward with things.

Ok, so by luck (or not) I just got an email from DVLA in reponse to my email complaint I wrote 12 days ago and it stated this...
Just to clarify, I sent in my D1 just over a month ago (3 months before my ban ends on the 18th August).

Good afternoon

I refer to your email regarding the non-receipt of your driving licence, I apologise for the delay in my reply.

Due to the Covid-19 pandemic, there are currently significant delays in dealing with paper applications that are sent to our office in Swansea, and therefore need to be dealt with in person. This is because we have a reduced number of staff in our building to comply with social distancing requirements and to ensure staff safety. I have checked our records and, to date, your licence hasn’t been issued. We are currently working on mail received on the 26TH March. Unfortunately, I am unable to give a timescale as to when your application will be processed.

The ‘M’ number will be generated when the application is processed, therefore I am unable to advise you of this at the moment.

Kind regards.

So, looks like I can't do anything but wait until my application is 'processed' before they can allow me to book a medical.

Ok, so by luck (or not) I just got an email from DVLA in reponse to my email complaint I wrote 12 days ago and it stated this...
Just to clarify, I sent in my D1 just over a month ago (3 months before my ban ends on the 18th August).

Good afternoon

I refer to your email regarding the non-receipt of your driving licence, I apologise for the delay in my reply.

Due to the Covid-19 pandemic, there are currently significant delays in dealing with paper applications that are sent to our office in Swansea, and therefore need to be dealt with in person. This is because we have a reduced number of staff in our building to comply with social distancing requirements and to ensure staff safety. I have checked our records and, to date, your licence hasn’t been issued. We are currently working on mail received on the 26TH March. Unfortunately, I am unable to give a timescale as to when your application will be processed.

The ‘M’ number will be generated when the application is processed, therefore I am unable to advise you of this at the moment.

Kind regards.

So, looks like I can't do anything but wait until my application is 'processed' before they can allow me to book a medical.
Oh my goodness !!! My ban was up on the 25th of may but because I didn’t send my License application to DVLA (because of them not taking paper applications ) till end of May looking like a long wait, Especially if they only at the end of March applications !!!!

Hi all. Hope you are all well. Just wanted to share my experience so far.
My ban ends on August 31st 2020. After a phonecall to the DVLA, I sent in a completed D1 form and fee on 3rd June, to a 'special' key worker address they had given me. I assumed with the lockdown etc that a D27 form wouldn't be coming - and it didn't come!
On Saturday 20th June, I recieved a letter from the DVLA (dated 16th June) stating the blurb about Covid and unable to arrange medicals. Luckily, this letter contained my 'M' reference number.
I've been a follower of this forum for a number of weeks now. Yesterday I phoned the Aveley Medical Centre and spoke to Kim. She will request the paperwork from the DVLA and call me once she has recieved it. I live about 1hr 30 from there, so not too inconvenient if it means I can get a medical.
Yesterday I also used the complaints menus on the DVLA website and submitted a complaint and a bit of blurb about being a key worker, will lose my job if I'm not driving again and cause me severe financial hardship etc.
I've seen that its worked for others on here, so fingers crossed and I will update if/when I hear anything.

OK now having received paperwork for medical there is a change in time allowance to book, medical needs to be booked four days after receiving letter... was 6 weeks. Is this a time saving method implemented to start dealing with backlog. After taking the DVLA call the doctor phoned within the hour to book in for Saturday, not the actions of an overworked, stressed and inundated GP with other priorities. Surely they have to have the go ahead soon

OK now having received paperwork for medical there is a change in time allowance to book, medical needs to be booked four days after receiving letter... was 6 weeks. Is this a time saving method implemented to start dealing with backlog. After taking the DVLA call the doctor phoned within the hour to book in for Saturday, not the actions of an overworked, stressed and inundated GP with other priorities. Surely they have to have the go ahead soon

Hi all. Hope you are all well. Just wanted to share my experience so far.
My ban ends on August 31st 2020. After a phonecall to the DVLA, I sent in a completed D1 form and fee on 3rd June, to a 'special' key worker address they had given me. I assumed with the lockdown etc that a D27 form wouldn't be coming - and it didn't come!
On Saturday 20th June, I recieved a letter from the DVLA (dated 16th June) stating the blurb about Covid and unable to arrange medicals. Luckily, this letter contained my 'M' reference number.
I've been a follower of this forum for a number of weeks now. Yesterday I phoned the Aveley Medical Centre and spoke to Kim. She will request the paperwork from the DVLA and call me once she has recieved it. I live about 1hr 30 from there, so not too inconvenient if it means I can get a medical.
Yesterday I also used the complaints menus on the DVLA website and submitted a complaint and a bit of blurb about being a key worker, will lose my job if I'm not driving again and cause me severe financial hardship etc.
I've seen that its worked for others on here, so fingers crossed and I will update if/when I hear anything.
Hi tea boy 88 did you send your application in to the key worker post code also did you enclose a covering letter,just out of interest.

Hi tea boy 88 did you send your application in to the key worker post code also did you enclose a covering letter,just out of interest.

Hi. Yes they gave me a different postcode to the usual address. I had to put "FAO Lee Jones" on the envelope. I didn't bother putting any sort of covering letter in. Was just literally my D1 application and £90 postal order. Sent it 1st class recorded, so I know they recieved it the following day.

Hi. Yes they gave me a different postcode to the usual address. I had to put "FAO Lee Jones" on the envelope. I didn't bother putting any sort of covering letter in. Was just literally my D1 application and £90 postal order. Sent it 1st class recorded, so I know they recieved it the following day.
Hi I sent my paper applicacation off 4 weeks ago,but then was advised to send one to lee jones, so I done this last week,both were sent tracked delivery,have you had a response yet,are you a key worker.

Hi All

Has anyone managed to find a clinic in the north east or west of England doing DVLA approved CDT and blood tests? Cheers

Hi I sent my paper applicacation off 4 weeks ago,but then was advised to send one to lee jones, so I done this last week,both were sent tracked delivery,have you had a response yet,are you a key worker.

I sent just one D1 form with postal order to the Lee Jones address on 3rd June. I recieved the letter in reply saying that they currently aren't arranging medicals on 20th June.
I work as a cook in a nursing home, so for purposes of school childcare etc am classed as a key worker, so have been working throughout the lockdown, and this seemed to satisfy the DVLA enough to give me the address to send my D1 form to.

Enter code DRINKDRIVING10 during checkout for 10% off