Coronavirus for HROs

Convicted Driver Insurance
I bloomin hope so lol!
Oh cricky I thought you might have brought better news. This is unacceptable, my revocation ended February! I've already started complaints procedure, waiting for reply as 10 day promised response ticks down. I'm bet it's the same with all authorised clinics in Scotland

...well , i think DVLA is lying and they simply wont book medicals for us.
Some clinics ARE waiting for dvla to send them our files.
But for some reason dvla just won't do it.

Attachments

• 20200611_181430.jpg
    20200611_181430.jpg
    286.8 KB · Views: 47
...well , i think DVLA is lying and they simply wont book medicals for us.
Some clinics ARE waiting for dvla to send them our files.
But for some reason dvla just won't do it.
Yes Martini just as I suspected, it's time to lobby our MP, s on this. its a brick wall every turn with DVLA, they really are building up a backlog of Biblical proportions

Hello everyone to has managed to get the medical. How long in this period from when the medical was done to when did you guys get your decision back? I had my medical on 9/6/20.

Hello everyone to has managed to get the medical. How long in this period from when the medical was done to when did you guys get your decision back? I had my medical on 9/6/20.
You guys must have a charmed life to get a medical just now. Well done vast majority of members are in an unending state of limbo with no hope it seems

6 days after the medical I rang the DVLA, and they said I could drive from midnight! So 7 days, and a few days later your license will arrive in the post.

It's so frustrating that there are so many grey areas on this front and that we aren't being treated with the respect we deserve regarding HRO medicals and licence returns.

I'm going to send the D1 form recorded post next week then give it a couple of weeks. I don't expect any response from DVLA as they seem to enjoy being in control and aren't offering any easy solutions to anyone in spite of the fact that we are surely well within our rights to expect our medicals to be granted (even if it means our own GP doing them) and our licences returned on due date, otherwise it will have a negative impact on our lives....we committed the crime and have paid for it both financially and in terms of not being allowed on the road - so when the disqualification period is up providing we can prove we aren't reliant on alcohol or other stimulants we should have our freedom to drive again returned without delay.

The courts who banned us should be intervening rather than allowing DVLA to play God. Surely it's just as illegal for them to deny us our rights (even in unprecedented times) just as it would be if we drove without being given the go ahead - we can't get away with breaking the law, so why should they expect to?
I'm probably going to end up asking my local MP for advice as I had to do with a DSS matter last year which achieved quick results.

Those of us on this forum in the same situation need to get together and insist they start making inroads on this matter or at least providing us all with more information and regular updates to give us some hope that there will be light at the end of the tunnel.

Red tape and bureaucracy is always a big problem in this country though unfortunately :rolleyes:

Good luck to everyone - maybe we should all start protests similar to BLM to see if we can make ourselves heard and earn our rights!

It's so frustrating that there are so many grey areas on this front and that we aren't being treated with the respect we deserve regarding HRO medicals and licence returns.

I'm going to send the D1 form recorded post next week then give it a couple of weeks. I don't expect any response from DVLA as they seem to enjoy being in control and aren't offering any easy solutions to anyone in spite of the fact that we are surely well within our rights to expect our medicals to be granted (even if it means our own GP doing them) and our licences returned on due date, otherwise it will have a negative impact on our lives....we committed the crime and have paid for it both financially and in terms of not being allowed on the road - so when the disqualification period is up providing we can prove we aren't reliant on alcohol or other stimulants we should have our freedom to drive again returned without delay.

The courts who banned us should be intervening rather than allowing DVLA to play God. Surely it's just as illegal for them to deny us our rights (even in unprecedented times) just as it would be if we drove without being given the go ahead - we can't get away with breaking the law, so why should they expect to?
I'm probably going to end up asking my local MP for advice as I had to do with a DSS matter last year which achieved quick results.

Those of us on this forum in the same situation need to get together and insist they start making inroads on this matter or at least providing us all with more information and regular updates to give us some hope that there will be light at the end of the tunnel.

Red tape and bureaucracy is always a big problem in this country though unfortunately :rolleyes:

Good luck to everyone - maybe we should all start protests similar to BLM to see if we can make ourselves heard and earn our rights!
Hi Big matt, I hear you big time on this. Try the complaints route. I have, their supposed to reply within 10dys and iam 7 days in. Read up as much as you can on previous posts particularly to do with Medical section your in for a shock iam afraid. My impression is that HRO, s don't want to stick their head above the parapit. The trouble is the "panel" who decide on re issue of licences are accountable to no one. The DVLA were brought to task in 2016... For delays Nothings changed fundamentally,

Hi Big matt, I hear you big time on this. Try the complaints route. I have, their supposed to reply within 10dys and iam 7 days in. Read up as much as you can on previous posts particularly to do with Medical section your in for a shock iam afraid. My impression is that HRO, s don't want to stick their head above the parapit. The trouble is the "panel" who decide on re issue of licences are accountable to no one. The DVLA were brought to task in 2016... For delays Nothings changed fundamentally,

Cheers Aron - yes I've read a lot of threads this past few days and as you say there doesn't seem to be much hope for most people who are due to have their licence returned in the near future...but we need to do as much lobbying as we can and draw as much attention to the subject as we possibly can.
Things have grown considerably worse re DVLA since local office closures in 2013 - if there were more DVLA offices then the workload could be shared and the backlog cleared much quicker.
I agree that key workers should be top priority, but the rest of us shouldn't just be fobbed off as seems to be the case at the moment.

Cheers Aron - yes I've read a lot of threads this past few days and as you say there doesn't seem to be much hope for most people who are due to have their licence returned in the near future...but we need to do as much lobbying as we can and draw as much attention to the subject as we possibly can.
Things have grown considerably worse re DVLA since local office closures in 2013 - if there were more DVLA offices then the workload could be shared and the backlog cleared much quicker.
I agree that key workers should be top priority, but the rest of us shouldn't just be fobbed off as seems to be the case at the moment.
Correct mate but it's really about the Deckension quil pushers that have no accountability no interest in mitigation. It's almost like they'll take the majority of apps and pigeon hole a no no no, I've heard that one of the panel is a real hard case and dismissed the ombudsmans findings and the rest follow suit. I'm not HRO BTW but I get no one wants to take this on as an individual cause it just be pounced on by media just now "drink driver's bitchin about their licence" Iam gonna try MSP route next. BTW all other Gov Depts full on including HMRC and as I've said they have a massive work load

Faced the magistrate court, done the time, payed the course..Now lockdown relaxed why are we being fobbed off still. I have logged a complaint still 8 days to respond.. I'm bipolar(already looked into by the powers that be,ha) while under the influence I drove my car onto the drive. 2 metres forward and 3 metres back.Still have issues with the neighbours.My point being mitigating factors never mattered there and how can they DVLA install them... having read this forum, which has been enlightening but extremely depressing as to their conduct. A law unto themselves

Faced the magistrate court, done the time, payed the course..Now lockdown relaxed why are we being fobbed off still. I have logged a complaint still 8 days to respond.. I'm bipolar(already looked into by the powers that be,ha) while under the influence I drove my car onto the drive. 2 metres forward and 3 metres back.Still have issues with the neighbours.My point being mitigating factors never mattered there and how can they DVLA install them... having read this forum, which has been enlightening but extremely depressing as to their conduct. A law unto themselves
The police could only do you as drunk in charge if on private land however if that land has public access then possibly RT offence. Lawyer for that 1

The police could only do you as drunk in charge if on private land however if that land has public access then possibly RT offence. Lawyer for that 1
I did cross a public pavement,It's such a sorry saga and not something I would of done if not angered and having hostilities with the neighbours... How unfair maybe, not having any idea how court, police and solicitors work really didn't help me. It's 2 years plus 4 days now since.Served an 18 month ban, attended the course, ban ended 5th April. Just waiting to see if the complaint i put in has a response

Morning

Out of curiosity - have DVLA staff been working remotely (from home) since March?

I do believe many workers across the country will continue to work remotely because of things like health (still being vulnerable to Covid), no childcare (schools are remaining closed until September) and costs (employers are realising it is cheaper for employees to work from home than hire office space).

However, back in May, Boris Johnson publically announced that he wanted people to return to work if they cannot work from home. Technically speaking, DVLA staff cannot work from home if they are not processing medicals!!!

Today (15th June), many retailers & high street shops are reopening with social distancing measures. Also the DVLAs 12 week suspension period on medicals for non key workers comes to an end today as well.

The way I see it is that DVLA cannot continue to dig their heels in any longer. If DVLA staff have been working remotely, they should be returning to their workplaces ASAP.

CJ

Enter code DRINKDRIVING10 during checkout for 10% off