Coronavirus for HROs

Convicted Driver Insurance
I GOT A MEDICAL!

hi, to update you all. My situation is that I’m on a revoke (ended 30.4.20) for drug misuse. On 1.3.20 I sent of the application forms, my dr was contact by DVLA & my dr responded BEFORE lockdown, however no medical date was set

On 1.5.20 I got a letter from DVLA saying it was decided I needed a medical but they don’t expect to be able to arrange this for the ‘next 12 weeks’

I informed my employer (who’d already stood by me for a yr) & they said that if I don’t get licence back by the 12 weeks then I’ll be sacked. Got this in writing from HR department

I’m a key worker (utilities), on Friday I emailed the DVLA key worker contact with a copy of the letter, payslip & a few words basically saying if I don’t get a medical I become unemployed

I got a call earlier today from DVLA saying they’ve arranged a medical & sent the papers to the relevant dr. A letter was sent out today too

It looks like they are arranging medicals but just maybe choosing the cases that seem most desperate. My advice would be to gather some proof of your case if your job is dependant on driving. My story before I provided proof fell on deaf ears, this was my 3rd email to them

good luck all

great news on getting your medical arranged.

I am waiting for a response to a stage 1 complaint and I thought why not contact them through the DVLA critical worker contact just now as I am a critical worker as I work in food manufacturing industry. I will update everyone once I get reply.

the end date of my ban is creeping now. On the 26/6/20

great news on getting your medical arranged.

I am waiting for a response to a stage 1 complaint and I thought why not contact them through the DVLA critical worker contact just now as I am a critical worker as I work in food manufacturing industry. I will update everyone once I get reply.

the end date of my ban is creeping now. On the 26/6/20

Hi

so I got the call from DVLA from my message to the key worker email. And they said that they are firm that no paperwork will be sent out for medicals at this moment in time and whoever has had medicals already had referral letters from before the lockdown started.

Hi

so I got the call from DVLA from my message to the key worker email. And they said that they are firm that no paperwork will be sent out for medicals at this moment in time and whoever has had medicals already had referral letters from before the lockdown started.
I've started complaints procedure, will keep forum posted

Hi everyone :) just had a call from the DVLAs complaints department. Was going through my complaint and the lady told me that my license has been issued today, I can drive by midnight tonight! Needless to say I very quickly forgot about my complaint. All I can say is thank you to everyone on this forum for the positivity support and advice you have given me. I don’t know if I would have got this far without you all. Just bought my insurance and I will be on the road this evening!

Hi everyone :) just had a call from the DVLAs complaints department. Was going through my complaint and the lady told me that my license has been issued today, I can drive by midnight tonight! Needless to say I very quickly forgot about my complaint. All I can say is thank you to everyone on this forum for the positivity support and advice you have given me. I don’t know if I would have got this far without you all. Just bought my insurance and I will be on the road this evening!
great news, fantastic, happy driving

Yes! Just read this so called the DVLA myself, same! Get my license back from midnight tonight! Cheers!

Would be great if someone here (non essential worker) that managed to go around DVLA no medicals rules and find a loophole to publish a step by step plan of action how to go around and eventually get a medical

Would be great if someone here (non essential worker) that managed to go around DVLA no medicals rules and find a loophole to publish a step by step plan of action how to go around and eventually get a medical
I did the other day. You have to be willing to go to Essex but here it is:
- Call Aveley Medical Centre and book an appointment with Dr Luis Leighton for a HRO medical. Also ask them to email the DVLA to request your paperwork.
- Then call the DVLA, say when you have an appointment booked and give them the name and address of the doctor and ask them to send over your paperwork. (When you give the name and postcode of the doctor they will be able to find it).

They might ask if the doctor is close to you. It doesn’t matter if it’s nowhere near your home address as you might be temporarily living at another address, in Essex let’s say. So you say, “It’s not near my home address, but it near to where I’m staying at the moment”:
With me they said they had to contact the laboratory that was testing the blood sample before they would send the paperwork, but I called them two days before the appointment and they chased it up and sent the paperwork to the doctor that day.

The doctor’s name address and number:
Dr Luis Leighton,
Aveley Medical Centre,
22 High Street,
South Ockendon,
Aveley,
Essex,
RM15 4AD

The crucial part is that when you ring the DVLA you already have the appointment booked. And do not use this forum or anyone else on here having their medical done as a reference, the DVLA don’t like that.

It is worth mentioning that from the 15th June you will be able to book medicals anywhere again, and the Essex doctor only does Thursday appointments, so you might as well wait tbh. It only took a week from my medical to get my license back, so if your disqualification hasn’t ended yet then I would wait till the 15th.

It is worth mentioning that from the 15th June you will be able to book medicals anywhere again, and the Essex doctor only does Thursday appointments, so you might as well wait tbh. It only took a week from my medical to get my license back, so if your disqualification hasn’t ended yet then I would personally just wait till the 15th now.

Yes! Just read this so called the DVLA myself, same! Get my license back from midnight tonight! Cheers!
Congratulations Dave! How lucky are we to have found Kim and Dr Leighton. Good luck to anyone else taking the route we have! Just to add also regarding other people’s comments, I am no longer classed as a key worker as I lost my job during this process.

I did the other day. You have to be willing to go to Essex but here it is:
- Call Aveley Medical Centre and book an appointment with Dr Luis Leighton for a HRO medical. Also ask them to email the DVLA to request your paperwork.
- Then call the DVLA, say when you have an appointment booked and give them the name and address of the doctor and ask them to send over your paperwork. (When you give the name and postcode of the doctor they will be able to find it).

They might ask if the doctor is close to you. It doesn’t matter if it’s nowhere near your home address as you might be temporarily living at another address, in Essex let’s say. So you say, “It’s not near my home address, but it near to where I’m staying at the moment”:
With me they said they had to contact the laboratory that was testing the blood sample before they would send the paperwork, but I called them two days before the appointment and they chased it up and sent the paperwork to the doctor that day.

The doctor’s name address and number:
Dr Luis Leighton,
Aveley Medical Centre,
22 High Street,
South Ockendon,
Aveley,
Essex,
RM15 4AD

The crucial part is that when you ring the DVLA you already have the appointment booked. And do not use this forum or anyone else on here having their medical done as a reference, the DVLA don’t like that.

It is worth mentioning that from the 15th June you will be able to book medicals anywhere again, and the Essex doctor only does Thursday appointments, so you might as well wait tbh. It only took a week from my medical to get my license back, so if your disqualification hasn’t ended yet then I would wait till the 15th.

It is worth mentioning that from the 15th June you will be able to book medicals anywhere again, and the Essex doctor only does Thursday appointments, so you might as well wait tbh. It only took a week from my medical to get my license back, so if your disqualification hasn’t ended yet then I would personally just wait till the 15th now.
So from the 15th things go back to normal in relation to medicals?
Thanks for replying Dave

So from the 15th things go back to normal in relation to medicals?
Thanks for replying Dave
Yes, on the 20th March the DVLA said no more medicals or driving tests etc for 12 weeks. That brings us to Friday 12th June. Coincidentally on the 15th June all non essential businesses (including private medical practices) are allowed to open again. So yes I am certain from 15th June you will easily be able to book a medical at your local DVLA appointed doctor.

Hello Everyone,
I have been reading so many posts about HRO medicals etc. It has been great to read the posts and to know there are other people like me who aren't My ban is up on 6th July and I have to have a medical. I sent in my application a few weeks ago with the £90 fee but haven't heard anything. I am a key worker but not NHS or HGV. I. am trying not to let this drive me insane after a long time not driving and having done the TTC course. For anyone looking for a course provider I found the TTC course to be excellent. Some areas for me were very raw when I attended despite it being some 12 months after my offence, but the instructors were superb. I am hoping things will get moving again soon with DVLA and medicals for all of you waiting. I thank everyone for the helpful posts, I have rung the DVLA a few times and had varied responses like many of you. Congratulations to those few who finally have their licences. My heart is full of joy for you all. Take care .

* IMPORTANT *

Sorry I forgot to mention @Martini_Niight you need to have a medical reference number from the DVLA. So you need to already have had a letter of some sort from the DVLA medical team which will have a reference number on it starting with M. You would need this number to give to the doctor in Essex for them to be able to request your paperwork from the DVLA.

* IMPORTANT *

Sorry I forgot to mention @Martini_Niight you need to have a medical reference number from the DVLA. So you need to already have had a letter of some sort from the DVLA medical team which will have a reference number on it starting with M. You would need this number to give to the doctor in Essex for them to be able to request your paperwork from the DVLA.
Thank you. I've rang dvla again today the guy on phone said to send d1 form plus a fee then they will "get in touch". He honestly said he didn't had a clue what's going on with medicals atm,he said there's no harm in sending the forms plus fee. I sended it today with recorded delivery. I ranged them last week 2x as well and was also told to send D1.
I'm gonna wait till end of month if i dont hear from them I'll do as you did by contacting doctors etc.
*note my ban finishes on 3rd aug

Last edited:
* IMPORTANT *

Hi I contacted the allocated medical surgery 2weeks ago they told me they were fully functional but are waiting on dvla to give go ahead with appointments, I've started complaints procedure with dvla yesterday. My revocation was up 28th Feb!

Hi I contacted the allocated medical surgery 2weeks ago they told me they were fully functional but are waiting on dvla to give go ahead with appointments, I've started complaints procedure with dvla yesterday. My revocation was up 28th Feb!
Hi Aron, I think if your allocated medical surgery was able to give you an appointment and they contacted the dvla they would get the paper work.

Enter code DRINKDRIVING10 during checkout for 10% off