Coronavirus for HROs

Convicted Driver Insurance
Just goes to show what a mockery it is having different rules in place in different areas of the 'United' Kingdom. But that's another matter!

Without reading every single post on here - does anyone know yet if the DVLA have opened the gates for HRO medicals of people who are 'non key' workers?

CJ

This is quite interesting. I contacted a clinic through the 'gettingamedical.co.uk' website and this is the response I got. I'm located in the South so the Guildford clinic was my nearest. It seems strong confirmation that DVLA medicals as others have said in this post, are not suspended.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Thank you for your email.

Unfortunately our clinic in Guildford has been closed since the beginning of the pandemic, although we have been able to maintain a number of clinics Guildford was one that we had to close.

We do, do the type of DVLA medical you require but we only operate these in strict locations in accordance with our DVLA agreement and most of these are in the midlands (nothing in South) so unfortunately we would be unable to help at this time.

Kind Regards,

Customer Care Team
Getting A Medical

tel: 0333 241 4298
fax: 0870 836 2074
web: www.gettingamedical.co.uk

Good morning everyone. Sorry I have been a bit absent, I did end up losing my job due to me not having my license back yet so been dealing with that. However, on a more positive note, Kim the lovely doctors secretary has managed to get the go ahead from the DVLA to get my paperwork sent over to their surgery. Just my luck that the lady who was meant to be sending it over is on annual leave this week. Having said this I am booked in for next week so will hopefully have my medical and have my license back within a few weeks. Will keep you all updated!
As mikec advised us all, it seems to be the case if you can find a DVLA appointed doctor yourself and ask that the doctor requests your paperwork to be sent from the DVLA instead of calling them and asking yourself, then you will be able to have a medical. Wish you all the best of luck!

(FOR ALL HRO'S WAITING ON MEDICAL)
DURING THE COVID19

I have just come of the phone to the dvla complaints department, these are the answers I received below and I will have it in writing. So if you hear any different from people on this forum its completely fake,

1, waivers are only for hgv drivers (non HRO)

2, DVLA appointed doctors are not taking part/not allowed to conduct CDT medicals for HRO'S through this unique period with an unknown ending time scale,

3, Seeing any/private doctor to have a CDT medical will be refused by the dvla 100%.

4, The DVLA are not obliged to deal with HRO medicals during this time,

5, HRO key workers are not a priority as a medical is still required.

They said its MEDICAL when there appointed doctors are allowed to resume tests by law or nothing no matter how long it takes.

FACT

DURING THE COVID19

I have just come of the phone to the dvla complaints department, these are the answers I received below and I will have it in writing. So if you hear any different from people on this forum its completely fake,

2, DVLA appointed doctors are not taking part/not allowed to conduct CDT medicals for HRO'S through this unique period with an unknown ending time scale,

3, Seeing any/private doctor to have a CDT medical will be refused by the dvla 100%.

They said its MEDICAL when there appointed doctors are allowed to resume tests by law or nothing no matter how long it takes.

FACT
..im still sending my D1 form with a fee.
I'd rather be on front of the queue for medicals when the place is running...

It still seems very bleak. This is the email I recieved today from the 'gettingamedical.co.uk' website. Hopefully this clears things up for all of us...

Hello,

The locations we run at are Nottingham, Sleaford, Gainsborough, Carlisle and Conwy.

The current DVLA guidelines are we are able to see customers whose paperwork was issued to us prior to 16th March. If we were sent your paperwork before then, it will be highly unlikely we are able to see you as a new referral letter will need to be issued and these are currently on hold at the moment.

We hope that clarifies things.

Kind Regards,

Customer Care Team
Getting A Medical

tel: 0333 241 4298
fax: 0870 836 2074
web: www.gettingamedical.co.uk

DURING THE COVID19

FACT
I would like to add that what me and others have been posting isn’t “completely fake” as you have stated, quite the opposite actually. If you read back through this thread you would see the extensive back and forth I have done with the DVLA, my appointed doctor & my new doctor who is carrying out my medical next week. I am a HRO. If anyone reading this comment gets disheartened please don’t. It seems to be one rule for one one for another and please read back through this thread before taking what the person above says as gospel.

I do not doubt the honesty of posters on here who have worked hard to get a medical they are entitled to.
I also do not doubt that has been said about DVLA complaints department saying that Medicals are not happening.
(from their perspective) Therefore no one has broken the letter of the lockdown and have acted with perfect integrity.
I have read about this recently, but no Mentionn of Barnards Castle this time......
Seriously, I did predict that the outcome of people managing to get medicals might be a clamp down by DVLA ordering their doctors to not do them And maybe this is what is happening. Otherwise, make a complaint about the complaints department giving out ‘Fake News”>

Yet there are people on this forum who seem to have arranged their own medical, got the DVLA to send paperwork to thus doctor and had their licences issued? ??‍♂️
Yes that's exactly what the dvla complaints department said so I asked them to put that in writing the I will put it on forum once received.

I would like to add that what me and others have been posting isn’t “completely fake” as you have stated, quite the opposite actually. If you read back through this thread you would see the extensive back and forth I have done with the DVLA, my appointed doctor & my new doctor who is carrying out my medical next week. I am a HRO. If anyone reading this comment gets disheartened please don’t. It seems to be one rule for one one for another and please read back through this thread before taking what the person above says as gospel.
I stated exactly what the dvla complaints department said to me this morning and i asked for it in writing so will post on forum when received

Was wondering if someone could help me. As I'm trying to book the medical with Dr Luis leighton in Essex.

Recieved an email today from Kim. Asking for my m number. And she told me to phone the dvla to give my consent. To her being able to request the paperwork to be sent to her surgery.

I telephone the dvla key worker helpline. (I am a key worker transport industry) half an hour ago and was told by a call centre Operative that under no circumstances can I undertake a medical at any surgery other than my original one. ( which I believe is currently closed)

Foreverwaiting, how did you get the dvla to send your paperwork to the new doctor?.

What pisses me off more is. Im not even on a driving ban. I had had one year temp licence Feb 19, Feb 20. When it was revoked over something on my medical file. I booked a medical for April 16th at a local surgery and it was cancelled due to the current pandemic. I can't even get public transport to work. Taxi fares are crippling me! Best of luck to everyone....

I have no idea. I'm a victim of tick box excersise. The sad fact of the matter is, that I shouldn't be going through this rigmarole. Just remember, this won't last forever and we will drive again!

Finished work early today. I've phoned the dvla on three separate occasions. On each occasion I've had three different answers. The first occasion the lady did not even say hello. Her exact words and I quote were. " what's your problem" ( I'm shocked that she is seen as skeleton staff and classed as vital.... Needless to say it resulted in her banging the phone down on me.

Second call Operative, it was amicable at least. But not what I was looking for. More or less along the lines of " we can't book you in with another doctor"

Third call Operative. Was spot on. Told her what the situation is and will try and sort something for me. Very polite and professional.

Finished work early today. I've phoned the dvla on three separate occasions. On each occasion I've had three different answers. The first occasion the lady did not even say hello. Her exact words and I quote were. " what's your problem" ( I'm shocked that she is seen as skeleton staff and classed as vital.... Needless to say it resulted in her banging the phone down on me.

Second call Operative, it was amicable at least. But not what I was looking for. More or less along the lines of " we can't book you in with another doctor"

Third call Operative. Was spot on. Told her what the situation is and will try and sort something for me. Very polite and professional.
Dob280, I've had that response since mid April, not had one bit of progress the dvla staff are so so rude sometimes I think I've got through to HMRC' instead.

Enter code DRINKDRIVING10 during checkout for 10% off