Coronavirus for HROs

Convicted Driver Insurance
well it was only yesterday when I had my medical the doctor said the Dvla should have my results Friday so I was going to call them then! Don’t think there is much point calling them today. I want them to hurry up though as they know I am waiting to accept a job offer and starting the job ASAP Once my license is done!
They got my questionnaire the next day and bloods the following day, fingers crossed you hear back quickly xx good luck 😉

Well I called twice a day for two weeks and today I was to busy and got a call, I would call tomorrow if I were you to make sure they have your questionnaire and bloods back

okies will do! At least then I will know they have my bloods ok and have a beverage the weekend for my friends birthday!

I've just booked private cdt.. test for £75 with nuffield health yesterday. if cdt is above 1% am going with draw my application.but saying that my appointment isn't until 28th of September with the dvla doctors so all depends on how high my reading is going to be sound good? Say Dvla put me on a medical licence.. do you have to apply each year or so.. and are you allowed to continue to drive while you go for medicals ?

Last edited:
I've just booked private cdt.. test for £75 with nuffield health yesterday. if cdt is above 1% am going with draw my application.but saying that my appointment isn't until 28th of September with the dvla doctors so all depends on how high my reading is going to be sound good? Say Dvla put me on a medical licence.. do you have to apply each year or so.. and are you allowed to continue to drive while you go for medicals ?

Kezier

Am I in order to ask if you've had any alcohol recently?

As the HRO medical is still a month away, you have got enough time to get the CDT level down but you need to stay well clear of any alcohol until then?

CJ

How you getting on big Matt, they have issued my licence as of midnight tonight finally I just got email to confirm bloods also which was 0.5 full 10 yr yay 😀

Hi Nic - congratulations and happy motoring!

I checked online just before 3pm and it's good news for me as well - my licence has also been issued from midnight....so relieved - now for taking my car out of SORN and getting insurance quotes, tax, MOT etc!

Seems like DVLA are getting finally getting their bums into gear - good luck to everyone else still waiting.

I checked online just before 3pm and it's good news for me as well - my licence has also been issued from midnight....so relieved - now for taking my car out of SORN and getting insurance quotes, tax, MOT etc!

Seems like DVLA are getting finally getting their bums into gear - good luck to everyone else still waiting.
Oh brilliant, I’ll make that a tie then haha, happy motoring you you too.
Same for me I’m gonna go buy my self a new one to celebrate 🎉 have you looked at insurance yet

Kezier

Am I in order to ask if you've had any alcohol recently?

As the HRO medical is still a month away, you have got enough time to get the CDT level down but you need to stay well clear of any alcohol until then?

CJ
No alcohol since 25th of June.. no idea what my base line was before total abstain from the booze.. private cdt test is tomorrow.. results upto 5 days excluding weekends.. anything above 1.5 will withdraw appaltion... as I need it to be 0.6 or 1%

No alcohol since 25th of June.. no idea what my base line was before total abstain from the booze.. private cdt test is tomorrow.. results upto 5 days excluding weekends.. anything above 1.5 will withdraw appaltion... as I need it to be 0.6 or 1%
Just to let you know I abstained from alcohol for 4 weeks and my reading was 0.5

fabulous news!!!!

Kezier

It all depends on what your diet has been like prior to the 25th June.

I am lead to believe the HRO target level is 1.0% or below. It can take a few months to get below this if you have had a heavy relationship with alcohol.

Sometimes, the CDT level may be inflated because of other things like eating too much bread or citric fruits. I wouldn't get too worried - I'd suggest having a chat with your doctor to raise any concerns.

CJ

I declared misuse on my application, rang umpteen times to first be told they may not contact my gp,depending on my medical, and then decided to send me a dr1 to fill in,basically I cant remember how many units I last drank, or when I last saw my gp about this,it was probably over a year ago, just to confirm my bloods at the time,which I believe were satisfactory, had bloods done again in May 2020,which were really good, and got another blood test booked in September, I advised dvla to contact my gp,as he has all the information that they require, yet they are making me jump through hoops!
My ban was up over 2 months ago!!

So due to me not knowing some of the questions I'm hoping they will contact my gp before giving me a medical appointment, and once that is over hopefully I will get a temporary licence....

I declared misuse on my application, rang umpteen times to first be told they may not contact my gp,depending on my medical, and then decided to send me a dr1 to fill in,basically I cant remember how many units I last drank, or when I last saw my gp about this,it was probably over a year ago, just to confirm my bloods at the time,which I believe were satisfactory, had bloods done again in May 2020,which were really good, and got another blood test booked in September, I advised dvla to contact my gp,as he has all the information that they require, yet they are making me jump through hoops!
My ban was up over 2 months ago!!

So due to me not knowing some of the questions I'm hoping they will contact my gp before giving me a medical appointment, and once that is over hopefully I will get a temporary licence....
How long do you have to attend the medical? Is it 5 weeks?

Enter code DRINKDRIVING10 during checkout for 10% off