Coronavirus for HROs

Convicted Driver Insurance
I have received an email as I requested my blood results via subject access requested. They was just asking for my date of birth and driving number
The Information Commissioners Office have said that even through the pandemic, Data Protection rules are still in force. They have also said however that they will not uphold any complaints of companies not sticking to timescales as they are aware that other priorities and staff issues will inevitably cause delays. Generally an SAR should be replied to without delay, and certainly within 1 month of the original request. I applied for an SAR in March when the DVLA declined me, I finally received it though in July!!

Hi,

I got my letter through today about a medical. They have said my nearest doctor is over an hour away (despite living in A city bigger than the one the nearest doctor is apparently in). Also, they state that they will be in touch when an appointment is available and there is nothing I can do

is there anyway I can book it myself or go somewhere else for it?

Hi,

I got my letter through today about a medical. They have said my nearest doctor is over an hour away (despite living in A city bigger than the one the nearest doctor is apparently in). Also, they state that they will be in touch when an appointment is available and there is nothing I can do

is there anyway I can book it myself or go somewhere else for it?

Scottish

Are you wanting to get a 'closer' (in terms of distance) medical appointment?

I would be more than happy to travel the other end of the country (on a train of course!) to get mine done asap. I'd personally bite the bullet and travel to the other city - just make a day of it if possible.

CJ

Scottish

Are you wanting to get a 'closer' (in terms of distance) medical appointment?

I would be more than happy to travel the other end of the country (on a train of course!) to get mine done asap. I'd personally bite the bullet and travel to the other city - just make a day of it if possible.

CJ

no issue travelling for it, just want in ASAP. I’m just refusing to believe that my closest doctor is an hour away considering I live in a big city.

no issue travelling for it, just want in ASAP. I’m just refusing to believe that my closest doctor is an hour away considering I live in a big city.

Hello

Have you been given any appointment times with the doctor(s) in the other city?

CJ

Hello

Have you been given any appointment times with the doctor(s) in the other city?

CJ
No mate, just a letter to tell me the Dvla will be in touch with more details when an appointment is available. I’m from Aberdeen and we’ve been in a lockdown technically until tomorrow so hoping some appointments are freed up then.

Does the appointment have to be via nhs or is there private companies who can do it?

The appointment can only be with a doctor who is on the DVLA approved list to carry out Medicals on their behalf. DVLA also have to have approved you using that doctor and send the paperwork to them before you can have the medical.

No mate, just a letter to tell me the Dvla will be in touch with more details when an appointment is available. I’m from Aberdeen and we’ve been in a lockdown technically until tomorrow so hoping some appointments are freed up then.

Does the appointment have to be via nhs or is there private companies who can do it?
There's a list somewhere here in this forum of dvla doctors all over the country.
You have to ring one by one and ask if they do appointments then ring dvla to send paperwork to them first.
I was about to travel from Newcastle to Essex for a medical 3 weeks ago.
No clinics would recieve dvla HRO'S..
Luckily,very very luckily my Newcastle clinic started to recieve dvla referrals/patients on the same day i was about to make payment to the Essex clinic..
So i managed to get an appointment/medical in the same week

Last edited:

BUT, you have to remember that this list is not actually just for DVLA doctors approved to carry out HRO medicals, some are approved for other purposes so you will have to ring ones near you to ensure that they ARE approved for the HRO process, that is important.

Price1367

From what you say - do some of the doctors on the list only do DVLA medicals for things like poor health & the procedures for the over 70s.

I take it only a selected few of the doctors only deal with drink drivers?

CJ

Some of the drivers do stuff for HM Coastguard and other similar organisations. Also it seems some of them do DVLA stuff as well, but only HGV. that is why you need to ask the question "Are you approved to carry our DVLA HRO medicals?"

Some of the drivers do stuff for HM Coastguard and other similar organisations. Also it seems some of them do DVLA stuff as well, but only HGV. that is why you need to ask the question "Are you approved to carry our DVLA HRO medicals?"
Has anybody had any more success with DVLA email addresses apart from Lee Jones and Tim Burton?

Are you still calling them for updates Nic?
The view driving licence online site is even down - seems like they are putting as many obstacles in people's way as possible.
It's drained me to the point of thinking they'll never get round to making a decision!
How you getting on big Matt, they have issued my licence as of midnight tonight finally I just got email to confirm bloods also which was 0.5 full 10 yr yay 😀

Yes it has one we won’t forget, how u getting on, it’s took two weeks since my medical to get my answer

well it was only yesterday when I had my medical the doctor said the Dvla should have my results Friday so I was going to call them then! Don’t think there is much point calling them today. I want them to hurry up though as they know I am waiting to accept a job offer and starting the job ASAP Once my license is done!

Enter code DRINKDRIVING10 during checkout for 10% off