Coronavirus for HROs

Convicted Driver Insurance
Just been reading Deano's good news.

On the subject of the DVLA - does anyone on this forum know when the DVLA are going to actually drop all their restrictions over sanctioning medicals for non key workers?

I understand the Prime Minister announced a few weeks ago that he wants employees to return to their respective workplaces from the 1st August (this Saturday) as long as it is safe to do so.

Surely the DVLA cannot continue this charade any longer?

I am not a key worker but I am starting to get anxious as I should be getting notified about my own medical in September.

CJ
I've read on twitter someone said reason dvla have reduced staff is because the lifts are out of use due to covid19 restrictions and some staff are refusing to get the stairs,some are still on furlough others on strike because of this.
Just had my daily phonecall to dvla and same bullshit every day,now they saying they gonna start doing medicals but depending on the area where you live.

Well the DVLA rang me today to tell me I have been reissued with my licence and can drive from midnight tonight. Happy days

My CDT result came back and it was 0.6%. I didn't drink for 19 days prior to my medical and I was taking 50mg iron everyday which I've heard can help lower CDT.

I'll tell you my story so it might help people...

My ban was up on may 18th and my medical was originally booked previously in march but was cancelled due to covid 19. I then tried to get my medical done at the Aveley medical centre in Essex but the DVLA would NOT forward on paperwork and this still seems to be the case. Only if you are a priority will they do this !

I wrote to my local MP explaining my situation, and he wrote to the DVLA which DOES help as they contacted me by phone a couple of weeks later. I was then told I was upgraded to a priority . They did allow me then to have my medical at aveley but ironically the medical centre where I originally sent was reopening in a weeks time anyway. So I just booked it there .

On the 14th July I had my medical. For good measure I wrote an email to Tim.burton@dvla.gov.uk as I was told he is very good at speeding things up. 1 hour after emailing , I got a phone call reassuring I was still on the priority list and when they received paperwork, I would get a call back

On the 28th I received a phone call letting my know my licence has been reissued.

So for anyone struggling , try writing to your local MP and come up with a good reason for needing your licence back early . Mine was pretty valid as I work for a motor company and needed it back asap.

And then emailing Tim Burton . Everyone I've spoke to has had a positive response from him so that's worth doing .

Keep chasing and don't lie down! Good luck to all trying to get there licence back .
How did you get your test result so quick, you say dvla called you, did they tell you your result over the phone as well as inform you that you can drive.

I've read on twitter someone said reason dvla have reduced staff is because the lifts are out of use due to covid19 restrictions and some staff are refusing to get the stairs,some are still on furlough others on strike because of this.
Just had my daily phonecall to dvla and same bullshit every day,now they saying they gonna start doing medicals but depending on the area where you live.
Brilliant lmao ‘no to stairs’ no to stairs lol you can see the picket lines now. Yes to lifts 😂
If I had my licence (which I don’t due to ban finishing and DVLA incompetence) I would drive to where they are striking and throw McDonald’s nuggets at them

If it wasn't for Covid19 (which is very dire & extremely serious) this situation would be quite laughable!!!

It makes me wonder how millions of other office staff across the world 'reach' their floors everyday in spite of the Covid restrictions.

This is ridiculous - Covid19 safety measures are going to be with us for a very long time. Do the DVLA honestly expect hundreds of HROs to serve indefinate bans because of a boycott over lifts!!!!!

Has the press got hold of this? This could be a nice spread to feature in one of the tabloids.

I've actually just shown this to my dad & he has had a bit of a chuckle!!! It has actually made me smile it's so pitiful.

CJ

Brilliant lmao ‘no to stairs’ no to stairs lol you can see the picket lines now. Yes to lifts 😂
If I had my licence (which I don’t due to ban finishing and DVLA incompetence) I would drive to where they are striking and throw McDonald’s nuggets at them

I would actually pay £110.00 for a rail ticket from Manchester to Swansea just to hurl something at them on their picket line. Maybe take my nephew's water pistol and fill it with piss.

CJ

I would actually pay £110.00 for a rail ticket from Manchester to Swansea just to hurl something at them on their picket line. Maybe take my nephew's water pistol and fill it with piss.

CJ
Striking sounds like a lot of work for DVLA staff, those signs can be heavy 😉

If you guys go on twitter,you'll see the true scale of dvla incompetence.
Its not just us HRO's..
Alot of people commenting + complaining on every dvla tweet

If you guys go on twitter,you'll see the true scale of dvla incompetence.
Its not just us HRO's..
Alot of people commenting + complaining on every dvla tweet

Just been reading some of the comments on Facebook and there are some really angry posts being put on there.

This organisation is actually jeopardising people's jobs, people's homes, people's mental health - I could go on.

I am due to be contacted about my HRO medical in about six weeks and I'm praying that there will be a reprieve by then as it will be six months since all this madness started.

CJ

Just been reading some of the comments on Facebook and there are some really angry posts being put on there.

This organisation is actually jeopardising people's jobs, people's homes, people's mental health - I could go on.

I am due to be contacted about my HRO medical in about six weeks and I'm praying that there will be a reprieve by then as it will be six months since all this madness started.

CJ
I just want to get my medical done before second wave and lockdown kick in again. If not then I will be losing my job as company car turns up Friday and if I can’t drive it before September 1st I’ve already been told I can’t continue my employment, if I lose job I can’t afford to continue renting the property I live in and can’t pay child support to my son!

I just want to get my medical done before second wave and lockdown kick in again. If not then I will be losing my job as company car turns up Friday and if I can’t drive it before September 1st I’ve already been told I can’t continue my employment, if I lose job I can’t afford to continue renting the property I live in and can’t pay child support to my son!
Spot on!!
If second wave kicks in plus the winter flu season,there's no chance any of us here having a medical this year

Spot on!!
If second wave kicks in plus the winter flu season,there's no chance any of us here having a medical this year
Exactly!!! I don’t care if it takes 6 weeks after having medical! You just know that’s the first thing they will stop if second wave hits!!

I do think the UK is better prepared for a second wave in comparison to the events in February/March. The Nightingale Hospitals are ready for a possible surge in cases and most local authorities are operating 'track & trace' testing stations which are doing a really good job.

I'm actually in a similar situation to yourself. My ban technically comes to an end on Sunday 13th December this year which is not that long off. I read in the paper it is only 21 weeks until Christmas which falls on a Friday this year, so it's not hard to do the Maths.

I've been fortunate enough to scrape by since I was banned last year, but I need my driving licence back by the start of 2021. This is non negotiable for me.

My employer has made a few sacrifices to cater for my circumstances but the HR people have said they cannot guarantee keeping me on if my not back on the road by the start of 2021. The fact I'm on a fixed term contract leaves me in a very precarious position. Unfortunately, the job I do is not a key worker role but it is vital for me & my income.

What the DVLA don't realise is that their actions impact massively on people's lives and in some cases the implications are catastrophic.

I've started to suffer restless nights over this now and I've had a couple of days recently where I have had a bit of anxiety.

Funnily enough, I've been dry from alcohol for 12 months next week & I used to get bad anxiety through drinking. I've never actually experienced 'dry' anxiety before but this whole situation is bringing on small bouts of it.

I hope you manage to get back on the road as soon as possible - I honestly believe if the DVLA continue with this ridiculous nonscene there will definately be alot of illegal drivers taking to the road.

Many people are being backed into a tight corner with their hands behind their back and some will resort to breaking the law. Its very sad but its true.

All we can do is think positive and look at the fact that we still have our health & wellbeing and this is a nightmare we will all come out of alot wiser.

Good luck & fingers crossed.

CJ

How did you get your test result so quick, you say dvla called you, did they tell you your result over the phone as well as inform you that you can drive.

I don't know why I got it so quick . Perhaps because I was upgraded to priority . They rang me and told me they was reissuing my licence. I asked them what my CDT results were and they were happy to give them me. Emailing Tim Burton seems to do the trick . Give it a try if you are struggling to get a medical

I don't know why I got it so quick . Perhaps because I was upgraded to priority . They rang me and told me they was reissuing my licence. I asked them what my CDT results were and they were happy to give them me. Emailing Tim Burton seems to do the trick . Give it a try if you are struggling to get a medical
I emailed tim Burton last week not heard a thing was supposed to have my license back on 11th June, I have job interviews coming up which depend on me driving 😭

Hi what numbers are people using to ring dvla I can not seem to get through, I have heard nothing in 5 weeks, I have this morning emailed the hro medical surgery in Aveley. Got a response back with 20 mins requesting my m reference. Thanks to this thread I am getting the ball rolling myself. I have tried 03007906806 automated service and 03007906801 engaged constantly.

Hi what numbers are people using to ring dvla I can not seem to get through, I have heard nothing in 5 weeks, I have this morning emailed the hro medical surgery in Aveley. Got a response back with 20 mins requesting my m reference. Thanks to this thread I am getting the ball rolling myself. I have tried 03007906806 automated service and 03007906801 engaged constantly.
I’ve just called the number ending 06 got through straight away just keep trying, they’ve received my paperwork thank god! Just waiting for it to be scanned on the system and find a Local medical centre Will probably take them another two weeks 🤣

Spoke to my GP surgery today who said they are happy to do the medical but they have to hear from the DVLA.spoke to someone at DVLA on the phone who was so rude it was shocking who informed me that "i will just have to wait like everyone else" .Could be a week three weeks or months according to rude man.My ban is up in 12 days only sent my forms in 2 weeks ago due to being told im not "allowed" to re apply by post or online repeatedly .Was informed by DVLA that they would inform me when i was eligible to apply lol but as a HRO i became eligible 78 days ago.. complaint number 3 went in today .
If it helps, my ban was up May 3rd and I've only just had the medical a week ago!

Lucy0505

Hope you don't mind me asking, but do you fall outside the DVLA key worker category?

It sounds really promising if you've made progress with them.

CJ

Lucy0505

Hope you don't mind me asking, but do you fall outside the DVLA key worker category?

It sounds really promising if you've made progress with them.

CJ

yes I do however I did contact them saying I have job interviews coming up september that I will need a car for, (The Job’s not interviews) building surveyor and I am a carer for my mum since my dad passed away in April. She is housebound and relies on me for everything.They told me to put it in writing and they would review my case

Can you pass on Mr Burton's email address?

Enter code DRINKDRIVING10 during checkout for 10% off