Convicted of drink driving

Convicted Driver Insurance

Grace87

hi

First time posting after this awful experience. Back in feb me and my daughter (10) were visiting friends in cornwall. We all went out for the day,pub lunch/drinks and then continued to drink once we got back.

There was then a huge violent arguement/fight between by friend and her husband,im talking glasses being thrown about,the lot! My daughter was terrified and begged me to leave as she didnt feel safe. Police were called but were taking so long that the arguement just kept getting worse!

No one can make me feel more ashamed than i do but i made the decision to leave and take my daughter out of that situation.
I obviously got pulled and charged and iv been to court and received a ban of 17months with the 25% reduction if i take the course,£350 fine.

However,it has come to my knowledge that there is now an investigation regarding my 'friends' and what happened that night after i left and i am now classed as a witness (more to the story which i cant discuss)

My question is as my ban has given me such hardship (i am a single mum,live in the middle of nowhere with no family and my work and daughters school is a good 15min drive away,no regular bus service) could i possibly ask the detective to help me with getting my licence reinstated as it now proves i left that house to protect my daugher. I was also told that when i attend court i would receive a duty solicitor which i did not 🤷‍♀️
Just any kind of advice would be really helpful.

Thanks

Ps no previous convictions,plead guilty straight away,never even stepped foot in a police station until that night

Yeh, unfortunately grace sorry to hear your story, however drink driving bears no early return of a licence only the drink drive course, the simple fact is you could of left by foot until the police arrived or you could have called a taxi, this is how the courts look at it , and the duty solicitor is only there for the most serious of offences, like an immediate custodial sentence , those that can afford to fight the DVLA have spent thousands and lost every time....

Yeh, unfortunately grace sorry to hear your story, however drink driving bears no early return of a licence only the drink drive course, the simple fact is you could of left by foot until the police arrived or you could have called a taxi, this is how the courts look at it , and the duty solicitor is only there for the most serious of offences, like an immediate custodial sentence , those that can afford to fight the DVLA have spent thousands and lost every time....
Thanks so much for your reply.

I understand completly and have accepted it now.

Not a mistake i will make ever again

Honest man is right, the duty solicitor is there “if available” . They will certainly provide advice if it is a case where prison is likely but from what you describe that was not an option.
There is no option to reduce your ban unless it is within 21 days of conviction. If you pleaded guilty you cannot appeal being found guilty and the court would presumably have been told about the fight at the house and taken that in to account when deciding the length of your ban.

Enter code DRINKDRIVING10 during checkout for 10% off