Convcited drivers insurance advice

Convicted Driver Insurance

rheaellis

hi everyone

sadly, I was banned today for dd. It was totally a mistake, we never go out or anything like that. I was cleaning my new shop out ready for the opening on the monday. my disables husband drove me to the shop in the morning and came to pick me up about 4ish on the sunday 6 weeks ago.

he said did I fancy a drink before we picked the kids up and he would drive. I said im not staying long cos iv had nothing to eat and starving. however, I had 2 glasses of wine and 2 glasses of beer. just when we were leaving, my husband took a funny turn and was sweating, water was given to him by the staff and i was told to get him home immediately. I got him out and thought 'god' iv drank, I was going to get a taxi but deep down i didn't want to leave my car in a pub carpark. So I took the chance as we only live 10 mins from the house

then I was stopped.

My world has now turned upside down, I was finded £165 and a 12 month ban, I tried to explain in a letter the back ground to this and why I took the car home. They didn't want to know!

I am so upset I just wanted to get my husband home and I am now banned

can anyone tell me, if I was to insure myself in a car next year, I know the insurance will be a zillion pounds, will the cost of high insurance go down as time goes on, as I know I will have to pay around £1500 now

many thanx

xx

hi everyone

sadly, I was banned today for dd. It was totally a mistake, we never go out or anything like that. I was cleaning my new shop out ready for the opening on the monday. my disables husband drove me to the shop in the morning and came to pick me up about 4ish on the sunday 6 weeks ago.

he said did I fancy a drink before we picked the kids up and he would drive. I said im not staying long cos iv had nothing to eat and starving. however, I had 2 glasses of wine and 2 glasses of beer. just when we were leaving, my husband took a funny turn and was sweating, water was given to him by the staff and i was told to get him home immediately. I got him out and thought 'god' iv drank, I was going to get a taxi but deep down i didn't want to leave my car in a pub carpark. So I took the chance as we only live 10 mins from the house

then I was stopped.

My world has now turned upside down, I was finded £165 and a 12 month ban, I tried to explain in a letter the back ground to this and why I took the car home. They didn't want to know!

I am so upset I just wanted to get my husband home and I am now banned

can anyone tell me, if I was to insure myself in a car next year, I know the insurance will be a zillion pounds, will the cost of high insurance go down as time goes on, as I know I will have to pay around £1500 now

many thanx

xx

Hi there,

While you will pay a high price for your motor car insurance initially, the price should decrease as time goes on. If you do not make any claims against your insurance policy, you will get a discount for NCB (no claims bonus) providing you dont make any claims on your insurance policy each year, this will bring down the price you pay for your motor insurance and after 5 years, your conviction shouldnt affect your insurance premiums at all and you could benefit from a substantial no claims bonus discount.

Shop around for convicted drivers insurance as prices vary a great deal between insurance companies and geographical location.

Last edited:
Enter code DRINKDRIVING10 during checkout for 10% off