Consequences for drugs in blood sample taken after drink driving arrest

Convicted Driver Insurance

Williamsa

Does anyone know the possible repercussions of having coke showing in blood samples? I was arrested for going through two lots of red lights! I spent the night in the cells after having a blood sample taken. Ave been discharged awaiting blood results. What are the subsequent consequences likely to be after the results come back positive? Can I claim mitigating circumstances as I am not in a good place at the moment and waiting to see a counsellor? I have only been driving two years but have a clean record until now. Any information about what to expect would be useful.
Thank you.

The legal limit for cocaine, or more accurately Benzoylecgonine which is what shows up in the blood, is 50mcg/l. If your sample comes back over this limit then you are likely to be prosecuted for driving with an illegal drug in your system. The minimum ban for this is 12 months. There are no brackets to the length of the ban, like drink driving but the magistrates are free to set what they think is a reasonable length of ban in the circumstances. You can put forward mitigation as to why you committed the offence which the madistrates will consider. There is no course available to reduce the ban at the moment, as there is for drink driving, unless you are prosecuted for being impaired through ‘drink or drugs.’ As they have a blood sample, they will simply charge the drug element if you are over on cocaine.

The legal limit for cocaine, or more accurately Benzoylecgonine which is what shows up in the blood, is 50mcg/l. If your sample comes back over this limit then you are likely to be prosecuted for driving with an illegal drug in your system. The minimum ban for this is 12 months. There are no brackets to the length of the ban, like drink driving but the magistrates are free to set what they think is a reasonable length of ban in the circumstances. You can put forward mitigation as to why you committed the offence which the madistrates will consider. There is no course available to reduce the ban at the moment, as there is for drink driving, unless you are prosecuted for being impaired through ‘drink or drugs.’ As they have a blood sample, they will simply charge the drug element if you are over on cocaine.

Thank you for your response. Much appreciated!

Enter code DRINKDRIVING10 during checkout for 10% off