Confused about re taking my test?

Convicted Driver Insurance

hodgoxo

I have been driving less than a year and received a driving ban of 14 months reduced by 14 weeks and the court didnt state that I had to re take my test, will I have to re take both parts once my ban is lifted?

I have been driving less than a year and received a driving ban of 14 months reduced by 14 weeks and the court didnt state that I had to re take my test, will I have to re take both parts once my ban is lifted?

There is not usually a re-test requirement ordered for a conviction for drink driving. If this was a condition then it would have been stated when your sentence was delivered at court. A re-test, although technically it can be ordered for a drink driving offence, is very rare unless you have been convicted of dangerous driving or have been subject to new driver provisions (received 6 points within the first two years of passing your test). For a drink driving matter, even if you are a new driver, the mandatory disqualification and fine is usually the only penalty. The DVLA would usually write to you before the end of your ban inviting you to re-apply for your licence. That is a paper exercise and does not involve a re-test requirement. If you have not heard form the DVLA by 56 days before the end of your ban I would advise contacting them directly.

Enter code DRINKDRIVING10 during checkout for 10% off