Confused About DVLA Letter that came with the return of my licence

Convicted Driver Insurance

flshfrnd

Hi, I have just got my licence back after being banned in 2016 for 16 months. I didn't reapply until March as I had ongoing issues with alcohol that my GP was aware of and that I have worked hard to address. I've now been teetotal for well over a year. I was issued with a one year medical licence.

I got a letter from DVLA. It told me that CDT at the medical was 1.1%. It says 'From information received, you satisfy the medical requirements for safe driving'.

From other posts I have seen on this forum, I thought DVLA tells you if they judge you are alcohol dependent (and if you can prove your abstinence for one year you will get a one year medical licence) or misusing alcohol. All mine says is that they will send me a renewal letter 3 months before my current licence expires, and that I may not have to pay to renew my licence, I also have to inform them if anything in my condition changes at any time. It mentions nothing about another medical

Although it then goes on to say the requirements for dependency or misuse it does not say which of these categories I fall into. I thought that as I would meet their standard for dependency (looking back over six years, although in a medical sense I was never dependent) they would clearly state this as I have seen on at least one letter posted on this forum.

Is this usual and how should I go about dealing with it? It doesn't say anything about proving my abstinence, so do I need regular blood tests from my GP?

Hi, I have just got my licence back after being banned in 2016 for 16 months. I didn't reapply until March as I had ongoing issues with alcohol that my GP was aware of and that I have worked hard to address. I've now been teetotal for well over a year. I was issued with a one year medical licence.

I got a letter from DVLA. It told me that CDT at the medical was 1.1%. It says 'From information received, you satisfy the medical requirements for safe driving'.

From other posts I have seen on this forum, I thought DVLA tells you if they judge you are alcohol dependent (and if you can prove your abstinence for one year you will get a one year medical licence) or misusing alcohol. All mine says is that they will send me a renewal letter 3 months before my current licence expires, and that I may not have to pay to renew my licence, I also have to inform them if anything in my condition changes at any time. It mentions nothing about another medical

Although it then goes on to say the requirements for dependency or misuse it does not say which of these categories I fall into. I thought that as I would meet their standard for dependency (looking back over six years, although in a medical sense I was never dependent) they would clearly state this as I have seen on at least one letter posted on this forum.

Is this usual and how should I go about dealing with it? It doesn't say anything about proving my abstinence, so do I need regular blood tests from my GP?
Congratulations on getting your licence back.

Enter code DRINKDRIVING10 during checkout for 10% off