Complicated situation.. Legal help needed

Convicted Driver Insurance

stu_suffolk

I am seeking some advice on my situation which is slightly complicated.

My situation involves two drink drive offences, but the chronological order of prosecution was messed up.

The time line....

Dec 27th 2006 - Was caught drink driving. (Incident 1)
Blood taken, given keys back.

Feb 5th 2007 - Was caught drink driving. (Incident 2)
Breath taken.

Feb 8th 2007 - Convicted in court for incident 2, 12 month ban

August 27th 2007 - Convicted in court for incident 1, standard 36 month ban (running from this date of conviction)

Now the reason incident 1 was left so long till court was 'the officer lost the paperwork'

Recently I attended the course provided by the court to reduce the length of the ban by 9 months so I will have my license back December this year.. But while on the course the instructor questioned if the police/courts could legally have prosecuted after 6 months of the date of offence, and due to the circumstances of the statutory 36 month ban whether it should have ran from the February conviction.

Any help or advice on this situation would be appreciated.

Many Thanks.

Last edited:
As long as the offence was laid before the Court, or you were charged, within 6 months of the offence taking place then the Court are able to deal with your case.

We may be able to get your licence back for you before December if you are interested. If you require our assistance please do not hesitate to contact us by telephone.

We are able to offer fixed fee representation.

Enter code DRINKDRIVING10 during checkout for 10% off