Completely, confused and stuck.

Convicted Driver Insurance

james-konrad

Hello, I an at the point where I am replying for my liscence. backstory: I was banned for three years 8 years ago with six months removed for completeing the dd course. I have been found to be 'dependant' although I was in treatment for bing drinking, my counselor will confirm this, that I was never dependant but my issue was missuse. However a doctor put on my medical records over 14 years ago 'alcoholic.'
I took a CDT test last December and got a reading of 0.5. The DVLA just sent a questionnaire to a doctor I have never met and sent a letter saying apply again in a year. I took a solicitor that told me the questionnaire was filled in unfavourably. this took 5 months due to covid. My solicitor advised me it could take 6 months to get a court date so best to just wait, I did. Now I am ready to reapply, I have not drank at all in over a year and a half, took another CDT test with a reading of 0.8, questioned this, medichecs said this was normal and not an indication of alcohol consumption. My solicitor left the firm and I now have another who seems to think I have three options:
to close the file and wait till I can prove 12 months of abstinence.
Find a consultant who can determine my history is misuse.
Find a doctor that can provide an explanation as to why my reading went from 0.5 a 11 months ago to 0.8.
My new solicitor (same firm) told me to reapply when I have a reading of 0.0, is this possible? I am at a complete loss as to what to do. My GP confirms my not drinking, as he did back in December, he did not fill in the DVLA form. My councilor is furious about my medical records labeling me as dependant, 14 years ago.
If there is any advice I could get It would be greatly appreciated. thank you

Hello, I an at the point where I am replying for my liscence. backstory: I was banned for three years 8 years ago with six months removed for completeing the dd course. I have been found to be 'dependant' although I was in treatment for bing drinking, my counselor will confirm this, that I was never dependant but my issue was missuse. However a doctor put on my medical records over 14 years ago 'alcoholic.'
I took a CDT test last December and got a reading of 0.5. The DVLA just sent a questionnaire to a doctor I have never met and sent a letter saying apply again in a year. I took a solicitor that told me the questionnaire was filled in unfavourably. this took 5 months due to covid. My solicitor advised me it could take 6 months to get a court date so best to just wait, I did. Now I am ready to reapply, I have not drank at all in over a year and a half, took another CDT test with a reading of 0.8, questioned this, medichecs said this was normal and not an indication of alcohol consumption. My solicitor left the firm and I now have another who seems to think I have three options:
Find a doctor that can provide an explanation as to why my reading went from 0.5 a 11 months ago to 0.8.
My new solicitor (same firm) told me to reapply when I have a reading of 0.0, is this possible? I am at a complete loss as to what to do. My GP confirms my not drinking, as he did back in December, he did not fill in the DVLA form. My councilor is furious about my medical records labeling me as dependant, 14 years ago.
You can't get 0.0% on a CDT test, it's impossible, everyone even someone who has never drunk alcohol can get 0.0%

Your medichecks CDT results don't matter as the DVLA do not accept medichecks as evidence of abstainance. Only LFT's performed by your GP over the space of the year to prove your alcohol intake. So the evidence they will be looking for will be on your GP records not with a private company.

There's been a few boards in the past where users had been paying for medichecks tests all along and when it came down to it they were useless, medichecks should only be used for peace of mind before a medical to give you an idea of your baseline. Not as evidence for the DVLA.

Your solicitor does not know what he is talking about when he says to come back with a reading of 0.0%
99.999% of the population do not have a reading of zero. Your reading of 0.5 could have gone up to 0.8% through drinking fruit juice or other things that have a small effect on a CDT score and below 1.0% is viewed as being abstinent by DVLA so it is not a problem to show 0.8%

Be wary of going down the court route, DVLA dont lose! In a 6 month period last year, although they didn’t say the numbers, the reported that they won every case where a person appealed against a medical decision to withhold a licence, and in many cases claimed hundreds of pounds in costs against the person appealing.
If you are not happy with what DVLA are doing I would advise you to go to a stage one complaint via their complaints procedure. That is more likely to produce a result... and will cost nothing.

Enter code DRINKDRIVING10 during checkout for 10% off