Checking license status online

Convicted Driver Insurance

emmag1122

Hi all,

So I had my medical test on Friday and the doctor said he will send off paperwork asap, ticked no to all questions except the one about having an accident/injury whilst drunk as I crashed my car and then was caught drink driving so couldn't lie, so I am assuming they will contact my GP as well? Not worried about the CDT result as I'm pregnant so haven't drunk since Sept and before that every couple weeks. How long do GPs usually take to respond to the DVLA?

How do you know if your license has been reinstated by checking online?

Mine says Driving status: You are disqualified until 25 Jan 2019 and has said that for months and months. How will I know if it will be updated after the medical?

Thanks all :)

You only know by checking every few days online.
The length of time taken by Your doctor can vary considerably. If you do not get a positive outcome from DVLA in about 10 days then it is likely that they will have written to your GP and I would advise you to contact him / her to day that a questionnaire is coming and would they expedite it.
DVLA policy is that their medical advisors are writing to a fellow professional (your GP) and it would be rude to chase them for a response until 6 weeks have elapsed. If your doctor is off sick, it may end up in his pending tray awaiting his return to work. That can be a major source of wasted time in your 3 month window to get your licence back.

Hi I have already spoke to my doctor and let them know the DVLA may contact them.

Which bit will change? Atm it says disqualified until 25th jan but I thought would say disqualified until further notice? Or is there another part I should check

Thanks x

You aren't disqualified beyond 25th, you just don't have a valid licence. With all other restricted licences you can drive during this period of waiting for doctor results but it was removed for DD

It will say “full (or provisional as the case may be) licence from”- and the first date you can drive on.

Last edited:
It will say You are disqualified until xx date and on after that date it will say You have a Full driving Licence.

Enter code DRINKDRIVING10 during checkout for 10% off