Charging procedures

Convicted Driver Insurance

RegretItAll

Hi all,

it’s been 5 months and 2 weeks since my drink driving incident.

I had my bloods taken at the hospital and was informed there would be a long wait until the results.

I’m aware they have 6 months to charge me or summon me to court - my question is, is there a chance they have charged me without informing me and I’m simply just waiting for a court date now?

Please help!

Thanks I’m advance.

The police may have applied for the paperwork to take you to court…… they have 6 months from the date of the offence to do this, and then further time to serve the paperwork on you so you cannot consider yourself to be in the clear until 7 - 7.5 months after the date of the incident.
Once the 6 month date has passed, there is nothing to lose by enquiring with the police for peace of mind because if the process has not been started by then it is to late for them.

The police may have applied for the paperwork to take you to court…… they have 6 months from the date of the offence to do this, and then further time to serve the paperwork on you so you cannot consider yourself to be in the clear until 7 - 7.5 months after the date of the incident.
Once the 6 month date has passed, there is nothing to lose by enquiring with the police for peace of mind because if the process has not been started by then it is to late for them.
Thank you. I haven’t heard a single thing since the incident, is that normal?

Thank you. I haven’t heard a single thing since the incident, is that normal?
The amount of concern about your incident is 100%……. 98% your concern, 2% police concern!! It may well be that they cannot tell you anything because they are awaiting the result from the laboratory, but they do not provide you with regular (or irregular) updates.

Enter code DRINKDRIVING10 during checkout for 10% off