Cdt

Convicted Driver Insurance

Nedrasyad

Hi could anyone tell me their cdt level experiences? Was anyone a heavy drinker close to their medical ? Could you tell me how long you abstained for to get a negative result ,and if anyone failed ,how much were you drinking ,and how far from the medical? Thanks in advance

I see from another post you made that DVLA have already contacted your GP. You are asking about heavy drinking, is there any matters in your medical notes that could raise concerns with DVLA?

Thank you for your reply, the doctor has nothing in history about drinking no , I do have physical disabilities that have been brought up previously but was wanting to know about the carbohydrate test and how long ago it would have needed to be clear ?gp contacted 3 months previous sent back to dvla and have not heard anything since then ?

Have a look at this form. It is the one that you complete at the medical.
Passing the medical is not just a question of passing the CDT part. You could have trouble with the question about how often you have drunk more than 6 units in a day?
You do not have to abstain from alcohol before a medical, but it is a good idea to, just drink within the government guidelines of 14 units per week with 2 days alcohol free.
How long you need to abstain depends on how heavy you have been drinking before. For casual drinkers 2-3 weeks should be fine, but for really heavy drinkers then CDT can be raised for up to 12 weeks.

Thank you for your response, I cannot see a link to a questionnaire? Could you help with directing me to it please again? What is classed as heavy in craft ale drinks please are you aware of any limits?

Thank you for your response, I cannot see a link to a questionnaire? Could you help with directing me to it please again? What is classed as heavy in craft ale drinks please are you aware of any limits?
Sorry, doing other things while I was replying and forgot to paste the link! The link that Jimbo showed is correct. (Thanks Jimbo)
Craft ales can be anything from 4-8% Abv. So a 500ml bottle can be anything between 2 and 4 units.

Sorry, doing other things while I was replying and forgot to paste the link! The link that Jimbo showed is correct. (Thanks Jimbo)
Craft ales can be anything from 4-8% Abv. So a 500ml bottle can be anything between 2 and 4 units.
Thank you ! So you think will take more than a few weeks do lower carb levels if was drinking 8 crafts a day ?

Have a look at this form. It is the one that you complete at the medical.
Passing the medical is not just a question of passing the CDT part. You could have trouble with the question about how often you have drunk more than 6 units in a day?
You do not have to abstain from alcohol before a medical, but it is a good idea to, just drink within the government guidelines of 14 units per week with 2 days alcohol free.
How long you need to abstain depends on how heavy you have been drinking before. For casual drinkers 2-3 weeks should be fine, but for really heavy drinkers then CDT can be raised for up to 12 weeks.
What would you class as a "really heavy drinker"?

Enter code DRINKDRIVING10 during checkout for 10% off