Cdt test

Convicted Driver Insurance
Hi,
Not sure whether or not my question is appropriate for this forum, but some advice would be appreciated.
I surrendered my licence 12 months ago as a result of an epileptic seizure - my consultant has said that this was asva result of alcohol which I accept. I have been seizure free now for 12 months so can apply again. My question to the forum is when I answer yes to the question " Was your seizure as a result of alcohol misuse?" , will this mean a CDT test and medical?

Hi,
Not sure whether or not my question is appropriate for this forum, but some advice would be appreciated.
I surrendered my licence 12 months ago as a result of an epileptic seizure - my consultant has said that this was asva result of alcohol which I accept. I have been seizure free now for 12 months so can apply again. My question to the forum is when I answer yes to the question " Was your seizure as a result of alcohol misuse?" , will this mean a CDT test and medical?
I am not 100% on this but from other stories on here, I think they will ask you to do a medical. Therefore, a CDT test and a questionnaire.
it’s great you haven’t had a seizure for over 12 months! Have you abstained from alcohol over that time ?

Hi,
Yes it would. But if you answer no, it would as well, because of the reason for the surrender, plus it would not put you in a good light covering it up.

I am not 100% on this but from other stories on here, I think they will ask you to do a medical. Therefore, a CDT test and a questionnaire.
it’s great you haven’t had a seizure for over 12 months! Have you abstained from alcohol over that time ?
Thanks very much. No alcohol since October 2019.........I cant go through that again.

Hi,
I would imagine so. I surrendered my licence and had my medical yesterday.

It was very straightforward:

The doctor took my weight, height, blood pressure and asked a few questions from a form.

He then asked me to lie on a bed, listened to my breathing through a stethoscope, then pressed my stomach in 3 places and asked if it hurt (it did not hurt).

Finally, he took some blood.

The whole thing took 15 mins.

I would imagine so. I surrendered my licence and had my medical yesterday.

It was very straightforward:

The doctor took my weight, height, blood pressure and asked a few questions from a form.

He then asked me to lie on a bed, listened to my breathing through a stethoscope, then pressed my stomach in 3 places and asked if it hurt (it did not hurt).

Finally, he took some blood.

The whole thing took 15 mins.
That sounds easy enough so good luck. How long did it take from your original application to getting a medical ie have DVLA caught up yet or is there still a long wait?

That sounds easy enough so good luck. How long did it take from your original application to getting a medical ie have DVLA caught up yet or is there still a long wait?
I applied in February.

I was in a private rehab and I think the GP from that tool a while to reply to the DVLA. That, combined with Covid, had me waiting much longer than others.

Waiting that long certainly isn't the norm but it's probably a bit slower than usual.

Enter code DRINKDRIVING10 during checkout for 10% off