CDT Test Tomorrow

Convicted Driver Insurance

rufus

Established Member
Hi, I stupidly drank 1.5 bottles of wine last night after being abstaining for 4 weeks - what are the chances this would increase my CDT and possibly fail the test.

No lectures please, I know Ive been stupid and shouldnt have done it

guess I will have to suck it and see as too late to cancel - cant believe I was so F###ing stupid but whats done is done

It is very unlikely to be significant, CDT is more influenced by ongoing chronic drinking than one off evenings.

That said no-one can tell for sure what the tipping point is. Nothing that can be done about it now, other than knowing that four weeks of almost complete abstinence should give you a very good chance.

thanks for your reply - will let you all know the result.

Quite a strange situation occurred as I only had a debit card to pay with but the GP wanted cash only, I said my wife could go and get the money while she did the exam but she said go and get the cash and then she would do the exam not before!!!

GP did not seem bothered by my answers to questionnaire - very non plus, just asked them parrot fashion and when I was mulling over an answer that was borderline yes/no, she said what do you want me to put down yes or no. almost like she had better things to do even though I had paid her well for her time.

Hope she doesnt have anything to do with the decision

Last edited:
GP did not seem bothered by my answers to questionnaire - very non plus, just asked them parrot fashion

I’m not in any way surprised by this. Overpaid, entitled people full of their own importance. My Dr is useless. The last time I went with anxiety/depression issues, she said “I am doing you a favour here” ... and “hurry up and choose one of these meds” Entirely unfit for purpose. When you add in the nosey and judgemental receptionists, you end up with a mess of a system who forget they are paid by 10% of everything you earn.

thanks for your reply - will let you all know the result.

Quite a strange situation occurred as I only had a debit card to pay with but the GP wanted cash only, I said my wife could go and get the money while she did the exam but she said go and get the cash and then she would do the exam not before!!!

GP did not seem bothered by my answers to questionnaire - very non plus, just asked them parrot fashion and when I was mulling over an answer that was borderline yes/no, she said what do you want me to put down yes or no. almost like she had better things to do even though I had paid her well for her time.

I work with consultants, despite being on generous salaries they become totally blinkered by private work. They even offer "freebies" funded by the NHS to their private patients.

The cash will have gone straight in their pocket, that's why they only take cash!

Enter code DRINKDRIVING10 during checkout for 10% off