CDT test results question.

Convicted Driver Insurance

james-konrad

I am a HRO, and have not drank a thing for over a year now. I have had three Medichecks CDT tests, December last year 0.5, October this year 0.8 and December this year 0.6. I have not drank at all, my GP agrees that my LFT are all normal. My solicitor still wants a reading of 0.3 to 0.0 to reapply.
I have no idea why my readings are this high and don't know if I should reapply. any advice is appreciated, thanks.

I am a HRO, and have not drank a thing for over a year now. I have had three Medichecks CDT tests, December last year 0.5, October this year 0.8 and December this year 0.6. I have not drank at all, my GP agrees that my LFT are all normal. My solicitor still wants a reading of 0.3 to 0.0 to reapply.
I have no idea why my readings are this high and don't know if I should reapply. any advice is appreciated, thanks.
Firstly there is 99.999999999999999999999999999999999% chance of anyone returning a reading of ZERO. I'd personally be looking for a new solicitor if someone was offering me legal advice like that. Your readings of 0.5 0.8 and 0.6 are extremely LOW and NOT HIGH if you've had 3 CDT private tests with them results you should pass with flying colours.

You don't use a solicitor to apply to DVLA, why are you consulting one, as they will not deal with a solicitor.
I have just read what you put on the solicitors part which gives some detail.
The medichecks results wil not cont with DVLA because anyone could have provided the samples for you. What LFT results in the past b12 months do you have with your GP, not just the recent one....
You should reapply yourself to DVLA when you can evidence 12 Months abstinence or 6 months controlled drinking (If they have accepted that it was misuse rather than dependence) they will probably get you to do another medical once they have checked with your GP.
The only use you have for a solicitor is if DVLA refuse your application and you then want to go to the Magistrates court that disqualified you to appeal the DVLA decision... but be warned, DVLA invariably win, and then claim their costs back from you that can be in the £ thousands...
As has been already said, if you follow your solicitors advice and wait for a reading of 0.0% CDT you will never apply. They clearly do not understand how CDT results work. The medichecks results are good (but not valid)

Those are all bang on medicheck results. But as other users have pointed out, unfortunately medichecks CDT tests are worthless to the DVLA as there is no identidy verification process. Anyone can supply the blood to do a medichecks test.

You need to ditch your solicitor, a solicitor has nothing to do with this process and they clearly have no clue what they're talking about. I've been sober for over 2 years and I highly doubt that my own CDT would be between 0-0.3. Probably more in the 0.5-0.8 mark like your own. Once you have 12 months of LFT results with your GP and your GP's support to reapply, then reapply. Reapplying isn't a legal process, in my opinion that solicitor is having you for all you'll pay.

Price is bang on as always, the only time a solicitor can help you with this process is if you are refused a licence after a ban/renewal after providing your evidence and you appeal in court. Which will prove to be fruitless and cost you anywhere from a few hundred to a few thousand pounds. The DVLA don't lose in court.

DEwan... PLEASE stop asking the same question on multiple sections of this forum. Every time you post a question, everyone who has posted on that thread receives an email telling them there is a new post. I HAVE NOW HAD 7 EMAILS!
I am sure you will get replies in the morning, but only if peoples‘ emails stop ‘pinging’ tonight.......
now I have had 9. And more and I for one will not bother replying to any of them. Please be reasonable!

I agree, you are very selfish to put multiple posts for the same question where everyone gets notification e mails for each one.
You may be new to this forum but every forum have similar protocols. You ask a question, you wait for a reply. Now the moderator will have to waste his time deleting your posts so you only have one question live.
If you look at the Pink bit labelled “IMPORTANT” which appears before each posting opportunity, it says that you should only post if it is a “direct reply to any questions the creator of this post may have asked.....” so you have hijacked about a dozen peoples“ other questions. That is why I am annoyed and I see others are as well, and even more annoyed when you say I am selfish.
You should create a thread of your own in future in you have a question.

Price — my brother, u have nothing better to do in your life that you’re sitting here chatting the most? Fix up, you coke head.
So many folk offering you advice and you call a forum member and sound bloke a Coke head, you really are coming across as a W⚓

Enter code DRINKDRIVING10 during checkout for 10% off