CDT Test - No Appointments

Convicted Driver Insurance

weymouthguy

I'm a bit stuck to be honest.

I received my letter from the DVLA in the post two weeks ago asking me to book my medical examination, however I cannot for the life of me book an appointment. The (frankly ghastly) woman at the reception tells me that they haven't any appointments until the middle of May at the earliest, and that I cannot even BOOK one, just being told (twice now) to call again in a week and try again.

It's not even my nearest DVLA approved surgery, I'm in Weymouth and the letter wants me to travel to a GP in Poole that will take me almost 2 hours by public transport, even though there is one on Portland (a 5 mile walk) - I did call the surgery on Portland trying to snag an app but they apparently only do DVLA medicals for their registered patients.

If I am (by the grace of God) able to get an appointment at one of the other approved surgery's on the MCA list, is there any chance of the DVLA going allowing it?

Thanks

Hi there,

It's this bloody Covid19 stuff, I did try to book a theory for the missus, but the nearest appointment was also May. I myself have been waiting for over a month for my licence back for my HGV licence. Everything is just so backlogged, so when things do open up, there's such a surge of people that the appointment sheets fill up very quickly.

So long as they are MCA approved and the correct test has been carried out, I don't see why the DVLA would have any issues.

Enter code DRINKDRIVING10 during checkout for 10% off