CDT Test (Carbohydrate Deficient Transferrin)

Convicted Driver Insurance
Craig I think you need to sit down and work out how many units per week you 'normally' drink. Your answer implies that you found it difficult to avoid alcohol, so don;t be surprised if you 'accidentally' drive while over the limit again. In Scotland, you can do this after just 2 pints of beer, a little more in the rest of the UK.

Also which December are you planning on to get your licence back?
Actually one pint in Scotland can put you over the limit. One unit per hour is the average time it takes to metabolise alcoholthey say but if your liver is an athlete who can say. A bottle of wine is say 9 units. Finish it by 7pm and youll be good by 8am drive to work. Alcohol is being demonised unfairly, do the math dont take the risk

Actually one pint in Scotland can put you over the limit. One unit per hour is the average time it takes to metabolise alcoholthey say but if your liver is an athlete who can say. A bottle of wine is say 9 units. Finish it by 7pm and youll be good by 8am drive to work. Alcohol is being demonised unfairly, do the math dont take the risk
Agreed if you drive within an hour and a half of drinking it. If you have two pints between 7 and 8, then that is 4 units (normally,) so it will be at least 3 hours before you are below the driving limit in Scotland, and 4 hours before the alcohol has cleared your system. These of course as you point out are general times and will vary for everyone.

Hello. I had a CDT test on February 1st. On January 14, I drank 6 beers, that is 17 days before the test, and before that, I did not drink a few months. Will this affect the test result or I may fail

Last edited:
I had a CDT test on Feb. 1. In January, 17 days before the test, I drank 6 beers. I haven't had a drink before for several months so I have a question. If I drink 6 beers (single drink) 17 days before the test, my CDT result will be altered and I will not pass the test?

Last edited:
Hi Maciej

your contribution is so valuable, but for most of us to understand it would help if it was in English

all the best, Jane

Hi Maciej

your contribution is so valuable, but for most of us to understand it would help if it was in English

all the best, Jane
I had a CDT test on Feb. 1. In January, 17 days before the test, I drank 6 beers. I haven't had a drink before for several months so I have a question. If I drink 6 beers (single drink) 17 days before the test, my CDT result will be altered and I will not pass the test?

I had a CDT test on Feb. 1. In January, 17 days before the test, I drank 6 beers. I haven't had a drink before for several months so I have a question. If I drink 6 beers (single drink) 17 days before the test, my CDT result will be altered and I will not pass the
No you will be fine

Honestly, I think you’d be very unlucky if you weren’t ok, as long as your alcohol consumption is what you say it is. Fingers crossed x

Can you drink non alcoholic beers on the weeks run uptown having the medical
I should hope so! I know that some 'alcohol free beers' do contain a smidge of alcohol (Heineken Zero has a 0.05abv), but you'd have to drink 100's of bottles in one go for it to even start affecting your CDT score.

I should hope so! I know that some 'alcohol free beers' do contain a smidge of alcohol (Heineken Zero has a 0.05abv), but you'd have to drink 100's of bottles in one go for it to even start affecting your CDT score.

thats good to hear thought i best check as you never know :)

Can you drink non alcoholic beers on the weeks run uptown having the medical
The best 0% alcohol beer is Budweiser. It tastes exactly like the full fat version.

Most of the others I have tried taste like the Kaliber rubbish that Guinness make.

The best 0% alcohol beer is Budweiser. It tastes exactly like the full fat version.

Most of the others I have tried taste like the Kaliber rubbish that Guinness make.

I reckon Bavaria Holland 0.0% beer in the brown bottles was one of the best for non alcoholic tastes, but it is at least two years since I had one. Becks Blue was one of the worst for me - it was like drinking dish water.

CJ

Yes mate you need to have regular liver function tests with your GP to prove that have abstained from drinking and that you are continuing to abstain, you will need 3/4 or these tests spread over the year coupled with your GPs support and a medical report from the DVLA called a DD2 that needs to be completed by your GP ...
I rang the dvla to ask what I needed to do,to prove a year of abstaining,and i was told by the guy at the dvla,that my doctor would be asked the question,and my medical would also answer that question....I've had one LFT this year,which was fine,but not done got more,as the dvka never informed to..but I have registered it with my doctors notes about 5 times that I have not drank...so hoping there not wanting more LFTs,because they didn't ask me to get them.

Hi group. I have a quick question. I am HRO as been done twice for drink driving in last 10 years. I know I will be fully investigated but I don't have any problems with alcohol, I don't have anything in my records held with GP. I am hoping I will get my licence back quick after my appointment next week. I didnt have a drink for over 30 days, just last week 5 units as it was 99th bdays party so it was more toast than drinking really. What's the chance I have to vet it back quick and how I could be investigated and what can I do to speed up the process. Thanks

Hi

I have my test in 9 days time had a really bad day on Friday and drink two bottoms off wine not had a drink for 4 weeks before then should I put my test off ???

Hi group. I have a quick question. I am HRO as been done twice for drink driving in last 10 years. I know I will be fully investigated but I don't have any problems with alcohol, I don't have anything in my records held with GP. I am hoping I will get my licence back quick after my appointment next week. I didnt have a drink for over 30 days, just last week 5 units as it was 99th bdays party so it was more toast than drinking really. What's the chance I have to vet it back quick and how I could be investigated and what can I do to speed up the process. Thanks
There is nothing you can do to speed up the process. As an HRO they will probably still write to your GP who can only tell them what he knows about you.

It's interesting you say you don't have a problem with alcohol and yet, like me, you have been 'done' twice in 10 years, which certainly indicates a less than careful attitude towards drinking and driving.

You don't say how much you drank before 30 days ago, but the only way to be sure is to drink nothing else until the test.

Enter code DRINKDRIVING10 during checkout for 10% off