CDT Test (Carbohydrate Deficient Transferrin)

Convicted Driver Insurance
Yes I agree make a new appointment, and I think with your previous days off drinking too (you haven't been drinking every day) I think you should be fine then, but binge drinking does catch people out thank god you found the forum first, a lot have been revoked 6/12 months because of this mistake, do let us know how you get on......good luck.....
Managed to re book my medical today and it’s now on the 12th of feb !! Plenty of time to be drink free now !! Thought I would update you !

Managed to re book my medical today and it’s now on the 12th of feb !! Plenty of time to be drink free now !! Thought I would update you !
Will you let us know how you get on ? My medical is coming up on the 3rd of March. Hoping I’ve gave myself long enough to abstain

Wish I found this group earlier. I had to make a test to get my licence back. Took it 10 days after complete abstinence from alcohol and score 5%. Had to do 4 test during 6 months and now I got my licence back. If I knew this I could have just waited another few weeks before my first test. Now everything fine. Drinking one week after a test and then I stay sober to be on the safe side before the next test. Its good for my health. Lost 20 pounds of weight and look/feel great.

Wish I found this group earlier. I had to make a test to get my licence back. Took it 10 days after complete abstinence from alcohol and score 5%. Had to do 4 test during 6 months and now I got my licence back. If I knew this I could have just waited another few weeks before my first test. Now everything fine. Drinking one week after a test and then I stay sober to be on the safe side before the next test. Its good for my health. Lost 20 pounds of weight and look/feel great.
Did they class you as alcohol misuse then, and what licence did they issue , a temporary licence or full 10 year one ?

Sounds like a temporary 1 yrs license best results ?
Dvla expect for dependancy notJust alcohol free 1 year it's a lifetime

Last edited:
Did they class you as alcohol misuse then, and what licence did they issue , a temporary licence or full 10 year one ?
They classed me as a temporar misuser, because of my hing CDT 5%. Not dependent. I you are dependant you have to go on for years with tests to keep your licence. Got a Dräger Alchol tester in my car. This temporary licence will be valid for 2 years. 6 monts with 4 tests. Then 12 months with 4 tests. After that I would get me ordinary licence back automatically. Just need to stay under 2% when I am tested.

This is Sweden. Under 2% CDT and sometimes they also test for P-peth with tresholds under 200 mg/l (0,3 nmol/ug)

I studied now everything about this. I even do my own private testings to figure out how I respond to CDT. Tested after a week holiday trip with dayly consumtion and Scored 2,5 the week after. I had to change my life habits to be under 2 % during this 2 year period. Like if I want to go on vacation I do that immediatly after a test and I never drink to weeks before a test. I guess I could be drinking in weekends and stay under 2% but i cant afford to challenge this programme.

Its healthy to stay under 2% and I try so see it that way even if it sucks to be under a authority survey.

I'm new to this forum, I've been diagnosed with alcohol use disorder which I assume is why I have to do a CDT test. I've really restricted my alcohol consumption over the last few years but had a binge 5 days ago, about 20 units and 5 or 6 units last night. I've made an appointment to be tested in almost 4 weeks. I'm not going to drink in this time. What's my chances of getting a good result.

Hello good afternoon house, I have few questions regarding my application to get my license back, It will be 90 days before my drink driving ban finishes and I intend to pick up a form from the post office on the 5th of March and send an application to DVLA, I am aware they will send me for a Medical as I am high risk offender, I have read different post about people’s experiences of the CBT test, I intent to not drink at all for 5 weeks and also intend to do a pre test with medicheck on the fourth week of abstinence. My issue now is that I am a binge drinker on every weekend, I go about 6-8 pints of beer on average a night out, and a time last year, I went to my GP regarding Haemorrhoid (rectal bleeding) I told her I believe it’s was due to my binge drinking as it happened before after a binge drink, she has that in my record and I have just realised they do ask GP for record, Will this in anyway put me in a level of a Misuser, and will 5 weeks straight abstinence be ok? Please any advice will be appreciated.

Quite possibly you could be classed as misuse on investigation, however with your binge drinking if you are having alcohol free days through the week then your CDT could possibly be ok,CDT is there for people who cannot stop drinking and abuse it every day,if DVLA to investigate trough your GP then they are duty bound to pass this info on.....

Enter code DRINKDRIVING10 during checkout for 10% off