CDT Test (Carbohydrate Deficient Transferrin)

Convicted Driver Insurance

Luna2000

Hi
I think we can take it as a given, that as HROs, the DVLA will contact our GPs
At the end of my ban, I was informed of this after my DVLA Medical. As a HRO classified as an abuser, my cdt was 0.3 so no real concerns, and I answered all the questions with an honest no.
When I applied for my second license the DVLA wrote to my GP before I received any information about the DVLA Medical.
I think keeping in touch with our GPs and making sure they are fully updated, and know in advance that they will be contacted by the DVLA is generally helpful, as is having a conversation with them about the responses on the forms they fill out. Also a good idea to take a photo of the forms that we forward to the DVLA…to ensure that there isn’t even a slight difference in what we put on the forms and what we discuss with our GPs. Any minor differences could cause problems….as has been stated on this site, it’s about integrity.
Good luck everyone, Jane
So even with a CDT reading of 0.30% they still contacted your GP.

My private reading was 0.20% and I don't expect the DVLA one to be any higher so I was kind of hoping that they would not contact my GP. I did speak with him last week though just to clarify things and I said the DVLA might be in touch.

He was very supportive. asked me when I'd last had a drink and went through what was in my notes re alcohol. Now here is something that surprised me. In 2014 another GP said I was alcohol dependent. I lost my licence in 2017 and re-applied in 2019 for it to be returned, which it was even after they had written to my GP who presumably told them I was classified as alcohol dependent (despite never having been hospitalised for any alcohol related illnesses.)

Mazvita

Hi, I have received this email from Tim burton. Does this mean I have passed?:

Dear Miss

We have received the result of your CDT test. However, we are still waiting for the report that accompanies that test.

As soon as we receive the report I have asked that one of my Doctors reviews your application and makes a licensing recommendation.

Yours sincerely,
Tim

Luna2000

Hi, I have received this email from Tim burton. Does this mean I have passed?:

Dear Miss

We have received the result of your CDT test. However, we are still waiting for the report that accompanies that test.

As soon as we receive the report I have asked that one of my Doctors reviews your application and makes a licensing recommendation.

Yours sincerely,
Tim
It means what it says, that for some reason they don't seem to have the form that the lab needs to send back with the test results. I don't think there's much you can personally do about that as you will not have access to anyone at the lab. It is up to them to chase it up.

Elsoal

Hi
Please can I have some advise how long would you not drink for before your medical test??
Hi Chris,

Waiting on my medical results from 2 days ago. I stopped drinking 37 days before.

One question in the medical "when did you have your last drink?"

I must say, it gave me great confidence that I had not had a drink in a month.

Hope to give you positive news on how this helped in the not-too-distant future.

Elsoal

abigailjay

Hello
My licence was issued about a month ago, but I never received my CDT results?! Does anyone know how I go about getting them, is there an email address?

Chris21

Hi Chris,

Waiting on my medical results from 2 days ago. I stopped drinking 37 days before.

One question in the medical "when did you have your last drink?"

I must say, it gave me great confidence that I had not had a drink in a month.

Hope to give you positive news on how this helped in the not-too-distant future.

Elsoal
I’ve not booked it yet will you let me know how you get on please did you drink much before you stopped ?

C J 1980

Does anyone know who I contact to obtain my CDT results? Licence has been issued, but never got the results

Abigailjay

You will need to make a Subject Access Request (SAR) to the DVLA. They normally take about 4-6 weeks to respond via a standard letter through the post.

CJ

Polly3

Does anyone know who I contact to obtain my CDT results? Licence has been issued, but never got the results
Mine came just after the licence, and in that letter they said they had also sent results to my GP. I don’t know if informing the GP is standard practice, or whether it was because in my case they had made enquiries of them.

Luna2000

I just received the results of my CDT score from my Subject Access Request to the DVLA on the 21st November 2021. It took almost exactly 4 weeks.

My Medichecks result was 0.20% and the DVLA result was 0.30%, which is fairly similiar.

Details were;

Date Sampled: 30/09/2021
Date Received: 02/10/2021
Date Reviewed: 05/10/2021
Date Reported: 05/10/2021

It then took the DVLA until the 16th of November to write to my GP for additional information.

As of last week my GP still hadn't returned the form to the DVLA.

abigailjay

I just received the results of my CDT score from my Subject Access Request to the DVLA on the 21st November 2021. It took almost exactly 4 weeks.

My Medichecks result was 0.20% and the DVLA result was 0.30%, which is fairly similiar.

Details were;

It then took the DVLA until the 16th of November to write to my GP for additional information.

Hi Luna, how did you do the subject access request, is this on email or by post?

bored waiting

Hi
Please can I have some advise how long would you not drink for before your medical test??
well I havent had a drink for over 2 years and i had my medical back in september and im still waiting.

The safest answer is to just stop drinking until you have it back. Then make sensible choices going forward.

There are no hard and fast rules, so many factors come into play , age, sex, BMI, how much you drink etc etc- However two-three months of no drinking should give you a perfectly normal CDT result.

Its not what anybody wants to hear but , how badly do you want to drive again.

Like i say i stopped drinking in Dec 2019 and my ban ended in the summer and im still waiting for my licence...

Take care and good luck

bored waiting

Details were;

any word from your GP......... have they actually received the paperwork.

Luna2000

any word from your GP......... have they actually received the paperwork.
No, nothing yet. I went to see my GP about some other health issue a few days ago and had some blood taken, plus I asked for an LFT. I have a follow-up consultation next Wednesday but assuming the LFT matches the private one I had in July, then I hope they will write back to the DVLA and include the positive result.

Luna2000

Quick update. MY GP called me today as he didn't want me worrying about the blood test results over Christmas (nice of him.) He said that everything including the LFT was normal but that I had signs of anemia. I'm male and not bleeding anywhere, so it will be interesting to see where we go with this. If they haven't replied to the DVLA yet then hopefully they will include the LFT result which combined with a CDT of 0.30% should speed up the re-issue of my licence. Well, one can only hope.

Enter code DRINKDRIVING10 during checkout for 10% off