CDT Results

Convicted Driver Insurance

DonkeyKong

Established Member
I am so, so pissed off at all of the "advice" I was given here on CDT and believed. And so sorry to people who I then advised based on what I was told. These are the results of drinking massively more than the "safe" limit of 14 units a week. Every day, for 30 years. At least a bottle of wine every night, plus Vodka on the weekend. So this would be around 80 units a week. Drank some wine 30 minutes before the blood test...I wanted to test it. Blood CDT results : 0.5%

<1.6 means NO excess alcohol intake.
< My result 0.5

So, apparently, I drank in "dangerous" amounts every single day up to and including the blood test. But my result was LESS than someone who doesn't even drink at all. Unless of course, the Medichecks results are wrong?

I will still make sure to not drink a few months from my DVLA test. I already would pass the DVLA test. And I haven't even begun to stop drinking.

Last edited:
<1.6 = No Excess Alcohol Intake
1.6-1.9 ... intake may be high but not necessarily in the range of dependence
>2.0 Excessive alcohol intake.

I'd pass DVLA test now with 0.5 being way less than 1.6. And I haven't stopped drinking in any way. I'm assuming that with abstinence from now on, my 0.5 can only get better.

I am so, so pissed off at all of the "advice" I was given here on CDT and believed. And so sorry to people who I then advised based on what I was told. These are the results of drinking massively more than the "safe" limit of 14 units a week. Every day, for 30 years. At least a bottle of wine every night, plus Vodka on the weekend. So this would be around 80 units a week. Drank some wine 30 minutes before the blood test...I wanted to test it. Blood CDT results : 0.5%

<1.6 means NO excess alcohol intake.
< My result 0.5

So, apparently, I drank in "dangerous" amounts every single day up to and including the blood test. But my result was LESS than someone who doesn't even drink at all. Unless of course, the Medichecks results are wrong?

I will still make sure to not drink a few months from my DVLA test. I already would pass the DVLA test. And I haven't even begun to stop drinking.

Hi DK
The advice regarding CDT and level that can raise CDT is usually very accurate# however
False Positives in CDT Testing

First, not everyone is CDT sensitive. In a small percentage of the population, heavy alcohol consumption does not raise the level of carbohydrate-deficient transferrin. Therefore, healthcare providers who suspect heavy drinking in their patients are encouraged to use other alcohol biomarker testing as well.

Source: https://www.verywellmind.com/cdt-testing-detects-heavy-drinking-67675

Enter code DRINKDRIVING10 during checkout for 10% off