CDT RESULT

Convicted Driver Insurance

Mcleanne28

Hey guys,

is there anything I can do to reduce my CDT levels before my medical, other than the obvious, to not drink?

No, if you know you've got a medical coming your way it's far easier to abstain....you can try drinking lots of green tea, it's supposed to cleanse your liver of toxins...3/4 cups a day....

Thank you. I think it was yourself I spoke to before. I was at boogie on the boat at the weekend, and I drank 9 units on the Friday and nothing at all on the Saturday so I will be abstaining for 10 days before medical which is on the 16th of march so I’m just trying to get all the info I need. Prior to boogie on the boat, I didn’t touch alcohol for 2 weeks either. Do you think I’ll be okay for my CDT test?

There's a good chance that you will pass based on the info you've given, CDT testing is there for persistent drinkers, harmful and alcoholic drinkers who find it hard to go a day without a drink or cannot stop drinking even with a medical booked,it's not just the CDT it depends on how you answer the medical questionarre, for example if you put down that you have drunk 9 units in one sitting then this amount can and will be classed as misuse mindful that you're only allowed 14 units a week spread over 7 days, try not to incriminate yourself with the DR1......

Do you think I should say I drank less then? I really do want to pass this test so I don’t want to drop myself in it. Do you think it would work if I was to say I had 3 units over 3 days of last week, would this help?

If you're answering any alcoholic questions to the DVLA then you need to be aware that your alcohol intake for a week is no more than 14 units spread over `7 days, it's up to you how you work out your units, any mental health problems registered `with your GP ?

If you're answering any alcoholic questions to the DVLA then you need to be aware that your alcohol intake for a week is no more than 14 units spread over `7 days, it's up to you how you work out your units, any mental health problems registered `with your GP ?

thank you. I was at the doctor around a year ago regarding anxiety and was giving one months supple of tablets but have never been back since..

On the DR1 form they will ask you "any mental health problems in the last 3 years" I was investigated for mild to moderate anxiety with 45mg of mirtazapine one taken at night, licence was issued the 3rd medical round, if you answer no and they investigate they will make you wait longer and send you back for more medicals until you answer yes, you need to see your GP so he can confirm that your mental health is stable on the DD2 if one is sent, `otherwise you run the risk of revocation because your mental health has not been updated, these are just some of the issues you will face....

On the DR1 form they will ask you "any mental health problems in the last 3 years" I was investigated for mild to moderate anxiety with 45mg of mirtazapine one taken at night, licence was issued the 3rd medical round, if you answer no and they investigate they will make you wait longer and send you back for more medicals until you answer yes, you need to see your GP so he can confirm that your mental health is stable on the DD2 if one is sent, `otherwise you run the risk of revocation because your mental health has not been updated, these are just some of the issues you will face....

So if I answer yes about mental health in the last 3 years and be honest, do you still think this will cause a delay in getting my license back?

In most cases drinking and anxiety go hand in hand, and DVLA normally investigate too see if there are any serious underlying issues......

Yes, they will write out to your GP to investigate that your mental health is stable and that you are medically fit to drive and of course any meds you are taking or have taken, this is why it's sooo `important to see your GP before a medical, it will state on the D1 to check with your GP to see if you are fit to drive before applying....

Yes, they will write out to your GP to investigate that your mental health is stable and that you are medically fit to drive and of course any meds you are taking or have taken, this is why it's sooo `important to see your GP before a medical, it will state on the D1 to check with your GP to see if you are fit to drive before applying....
How old are you? This can have an impact too ?

Mmmm 23 you're still young and there's a good chance that DVLA will not investigate (unless your HRO), you probably won't have much history with your GP which is not a bad thing, the older you are the more history you have as getting older, however I would still make an appointment with your GP just to discuss your mental health is fine, that then will speed up the process if you are investigated, what was your breath reading?

Mmmm 23 you're still young and there's a good chance that DVLA will not investigate (unless your HRO), you probably won't have much history with your GP which is not a bad thing, the older you are the more history you have as getting older, however I would still make an appointment with your GP just to discuss your mental health is fine, that then will speed up the process if you are investigated, what was your breath reading?

I am HRO unfortunately. I will phone my doctor tomorrow to see if I can even speak with them over the phone as my surgery is a nightmare, I have to wait on a call back from them to see if I need an appointment or if it can just be dealt with other the phone. I actually cannot remember the reading, and I can’t find any of my letters that say what it was, is there anywhere else I’d be able to find this? I know it was pretty high but can’t be sure what it was.

Ok, so as an HRO they will write out to your GP regardless of your CDT reading, you need to answer the alcohol questions as I mentioned earlier and you need to answer yes to the mental health question, it may not seem it now but trust me this will make your application go a lot smoother for you, (they won't be back and fore your GP ) you need to get it write first time round, do visit your GP as this will be crucial for when he or another GP will fill in the DD2 and M2` and this GP visit will be documented into your notes, if you follow this advice and there are no alcohol issues documented with your GP `an d you have a low CDT reading then there's no reason why DVLA shouldn't issue a full 10 year licence....

I am HRO unfortunately. I will phone my doctor tomorrow to see if I can even speak with them over the phone as my surgery is a nightmare, I have to wait on a call back from them to see if I need an appointment or if it can just be dealt with other the phone. I actually cannot remember the reading, and I can’t find any of my letters that say what it was, is there anywhere else I’d be able to find this? I know it was pretty high but can’t be sure what it was.
Any breath read`ing over 87.5 is an automatic HRO.......

Ok, so as an HRO they will write out to your GP regardless of your CDT reading, you need to answer the alcohol questions as I mentioned earlier and you need to answer yes to the mental health question, it may not seem it now but trust me this will make your application go a lot smoother for you, (they won't be back and fore your GP ) you need to get it write first time round, do visit your GP as this will be crucial for when he or another GP will fill in the DD2 and M2` and this GP visit will be documented into your notes, if you follow this advice and there are no alcohol issues documented with your GP `an d you have a low CDT reading then there's no reason why DVLA shouldn't issue a full 10 year licence....

I’m going to phone the doctor tomorrow to discuss all this and hopefully this does speed it up. Thank you for all your help, I’ll keep you updated if you want :)

Enter code DRINKDRIVING10 during checkout for 10% off