CDT rest nothing to worry about

Convicted Driver Insurance

Garybackdriving

Just a quick input I was drinking 6-10pints of lagers for 3-4 months daily and some days Up to 5-6whiskeys in addition to my pints I was scared I would certainly fail Cdt test. I stopped drinking for 14days before my test. results came through today my cdt level came back at .8%! Now eligible to drive! Thought I owe it to this group to come back and give some of you peace of mind and not to worry too much if you’ve over indulged a bit Before your medical!

Just a quick input I was drinking 6-10pints of lagers for 3-4 months daily and some days Up to 5-6whiskeys in addition to my pints I was scared I would certainly fail Cdt test. I stopped drinking for 14days before my test. results came through today my cdt level came back at .8%! Now eligible to drive! Thought I owe it to this group to come back and give some of you peace of mind and not to worry too much if you’ve over indulged a bit Before your medical!

I am pleased for you, but I hope other viewers here do not take this as a benchmark for their own tests. Everyone is different so with the same drinking habits they may fail where you passed.
Plus you must have been very forgetful about what you had been drinking when you filled in the questionnaire........

as I say, was a quick input Of my experience i thought I owed to this page after following it in the months heading up to my medical. Being anxious for weeks! Imo don’t drink the 2 week before it and you’ll be fine! Take it as you will. I’m glad it’s over with, won’t ever happen again!

Hi Gary,

Good to hear that you have passed your CDT test.
However, I understand from the Government drug and alcohol misuse website that drinking more than seven pints of beer per week means you misuse alcohol and are considered to be alcohol dependant.
The website also says that people in those categories should have their driving licences revoked until they have stopped drinking for 6 or 12 months.
This applies even if you never drink and drive.
I've drank more than seven pints per week for 45 years and haven't had an accident in 45 years.
I therefore conclude that either I'm a superman or the Government are talking total utter tosh.

10 pints of lager @ 4% is 20 units.
6 whiskeys @ 40% is 6 units.

This is 26 units, the average person loses 1 unit per hour from the time they start drinking. This means if you start drinking at 5pm you will be safe to drive until 7pm the following day. If you drink this amount daily then there will never be a time where your alcohol levels have returned to a safe enough level to drive. If you plan on driving I would get out of this drinking habbit. Also 70 pints and 42 shorts a week is going to kill you if you keep going, this is an extremely unsafe amount of alcohol to consume on a weekly basis. I can only imagine that you did not tell them your real alcohol consumption at the medical as telling them this amount would surely have got you revoked for a further year.

10 pints of lager @ 4% is 20 units.
6 whiskeys @ 40% is 6 units.

This is 26 units, the average person loses 1 unit per hour from the time they start drinking. This means if you start drinking at 5pm you will be safe to drive until 7pm the following day. If you drink this amount daily then there will never be a time where your alcohol levels have returned to a safe enough level to drive. If you plan on driving I would get out of this drinking habbit. Also 70 pints and 42 shorts a week is going to kill you if you keep going, this is an extremely unsafe amount of alcohol to consume on a weekly basis. I can only imagine that you did not tell them your real alcohol consumption at the medical as telling them this amount would surely have got you revoked for a further year.
Thanks for your concern, I have abstained from alcohol for 34days now and don’t plan on going back to drinking that amount :)

I,ve got my cdt test soon been having between 6-8 cans a day,stoped 3 days a go do you think i will pass if i do wont drink and drive again lerant my lesson and how long will it take?

That's good to hear Gary, your body will thank you in the long run lol
I feel like a new man lol! That was ridiculous amounts to be
I,ve got my cdt test soon been having between 6-8 cans a day,stoped 3 days a go do you think i will pass if i do wont drink and drive again lerant my lesson and how long will it take?
each person is different mate I can only speak for my own results. Hopefully you can take something from my experience I stopped for 2 weeks and passed no problems and I was drinking similarly to you and sometimes more but your body ma differ greatly from mine

Enter code DRINKDRIVING10 during checkout for 10% off