Cdt readings

Convicted Driver Insurance

chrism2800

Established Member
Hi all,I'm a little confused here....Certain long members have offered advice with obtaining your licence back after disqualification and medical records showing possible misuse or dependency.
This then leaves 2 questions
If you've not been for blood tests but your gp has it on record that your last drink was 12 months ago,is that proof?
Also stated that a reading of 1 or below is a requirement, is that while you are on a temporary license or will you not even get that due to the evidence provided by your gp and satisfactory medical?
Also Is a score of 1 set in stone as have also read that teetotal people can have a reading of more than that?
Any explanation please?

Question 1 is no its not proof as your GP needs to put the date from obtaining on your medical file

CDT levels can vary even in non drinkers which is why your doctor and blood tests are the main factors here and CDT is a close second

Sorry its not what you wanted to hear but its a case of guilty now proof us wrong DVLA

Question 1 is no its not proof as your GP needs to put the date from obtaining on your medical file

CDT levels can vary even in non drinkers which is why your doctor and blood tests are the main factors here and CDT is a close second

Sorry its not what you wanted to hear but its a case of guilty now proof us wrong DVLA
[/I did request blood tests but my gp said no as even a drink 2 weeks ago wouldn't have any evidence of drinking!
Have since found an old full blood count from sent to me in errorQUOTE]but can I use that or ask my gp online to send me one,I know it's a little too late,but is will show I hope good results,would that be taken into consideration as I was never asked for regular bloods after an incident that led to me being in hospital, apart from one showing a miraculous recovery!..plus one showing perfect u&e results

I've got a blood test booked on the 21 may,this should be near perfect, the reason I say near is I'm a car sprayer and am exposed to various chemicals that could affect my liver,will that be enough or would you wait for a further blood test to back the one I'm having done?

If you do after your blood test(liver function test) show any abnormal blood markers then DVLA will not issue a licence, usual scale for LFT is 50/70.......

Hi all, I had my license revoked in December 2019 because my blood levels showed that my levels were above the 14 units of alcohol recommended by DVLA, I was an HGV driver & went for a medical as requested to renew my driving license, any ideas when I would be able to get a doctor to prove that I am fit & able to drive again, ive already lost my job & now on the verge of losing my wife because of all of this, I understand about COVID 19 etc but surely I must be able to get something now, even DVLA say nothing for the foreseeable future is available

Hi all, I had my license revoked in December 2019 because my blood levels showed that my levels were above the 14 units of alcohol recommended by DVLA, I was an HGV driver & went for a medical as requested to renew my driving license, any ideas when I would be able to get a doctor to prove that I am fit & able to drive again, ive already lost my job & now on the verge of losing my wife because of all of this, I understand about COVID 19 etc but surely I must be able to get something now, even DVLA say nothing for the foreseeable future is available

If the DVLA have revoked you under misuse then you must show proof of 6 months of controlled drinking through GP records, 2 LFT tests that return results within the normal parameters in this 6 month period would be sufficient evidence.

If you have been revoked for dependence then you must show evidence of 12 months of abstainance from alcohol, 4 LFT tests across the year that return results within the normal parameters would be sufficient evidence for this. If your blood results come back outside the normal area this period of time restarts.

Thats all well & good if you can get an appointment with a GP, because of this Chinese Covid -19 disease they are not willing to help even after 6 months revoked & additional 3 months for this disease..

Enter code DRINKDRIVING10 during checkout for 10% off