CDT Ranges ... then relax.

Convicted Driver Insurance

DonkeyKong

Established Member
I’d like to thank you guys for all the help so far, and promise this is my last question. I’m almost done everything... fines, courses, community service, RAR days.... but then there is still over a year before I can apply for my license back, so I need to park this for a bit. I’ll still reply if I can help anyone with the inevitable “will I go to prison” queries. Anyway, here it is:

Given CDT <2.1% is normal/green, and >=3% is red/danger/no license back... Just how high above 3 could CDT be? I mean, if there is only 1% between safe and dangerous, does that mean 3 is the worst? Or could it be 6, or 10, or whatever? I’m about to get independent results done, before going tee-total on Jan 1. I’m down to next to nothing anyway now. I’ve seen too much ridiculousness from some people on my courses to know that the only way forward is not to drink.

I’d like to thank you guys for all the help so far, and promise this is my last question. I’m almost done everything... fines, courses, community service, RAR days.... but then there is still over a year before I can apply for my license back, so I need to park this for a bit. I’ll still reply if I can help anyone with the inevitable “will I go to prison” queries. Anyway, here it is:

Given CDT <2.1% is normal/green, and >=3% is red/danger/no license back... Just how high above 3 could CDT be? I mean, if there is only 1% between safe and dangerous, does that mean 3 is the worst? Or could it be 6, or 10, or whatever? I’m about to get independent results done, before going tee-total on Jan 1. I’m down to next to nothing anyway now. I’ve seen too much ridiculousness from some people on my courses to know that the only way forward is not to drink.

https://www.behavioral.net/article/useful-test-monitoring-alcohol-use

DVLA do not publish results of the CDT tests, and people who have them themselves find it awkward to get DVLA to give them there own result sometimes.
The minutes of their medical review panel in 2011 gave a range of CDT for a dependent person as being 3-10%, but I expect that would be from research elsewhere rather than their own results.

https://webarchive.nationalarchives...etings/~/media/pdf/medical/mins_07032012.ashx

That fits in with the report that Craig121 has quoted.

The only thing to add is that although the DVLA don't as far as I know publish detailed information, if you are alcohol dependent they require a year of abstinence and so the acceptable CDT levels may be more strict then someone who misused alcohol. If you have been abstinent for a year your CDT would normally be comfortably much less than someone who drinks normal levels.

Enter code DRINKDRIVING10 during checkout for 10% off