CDT levels for medical?

Convicted Driver Insurance

sam9001

Well Known Member
Hi, my drinking habits at the moment are as follows, usually 5 pints on a Monday afternoon, nothing Tuesday, weds or Thursday.... then Friday and saturday I usually have about 12, just wondering what to expect from my CDT levels?, and how long I should stop drinking before my medical.

Thanks

The fact your having 4 days free of alcohol than the daily calculator here will not help much!, your CDT will be raised consuming probably 60 units per week, it states CDT can drop 30% over 4 weeks so it's looking like your requiring a longer period of abstinence, it's quite impossible to calculate without knowing baselines book yourself a medicheck if in doubt

Source https://www.mdedge.com/psychiatry/article/59951/carbohydrate-deficient-transferrin-test

Having just gone through yet another medical the information they provide with the medical letter is : The %CDT levels will be raised if there has been excess alcohol intake over the previous month,if your current Alcohol intake is higher than the recommended guidelines, it may be better if you reduce your alcohol intake in the weeks before the medical examination...

Well I sent my application off on the 23rd october, haven't received my letter regarding booking the medical yet..... so I will cut my intake down from now.

Good idea Sam dvla are experiencing some astronomical waiting times as we all know thanks to their biblical 2nd class post, why can't they go electronic like the rest of the world...

Well I sent my application off on the 23rd october, haven't received my letter regarding booking the medical yet..... so I will cut my intake down from now.
Always get this bit wrong # but think you have 6 weeks from the date your receive confirmation to book the medical, those 6 weeks will be crucial TBH I think you need to abstain to be 100% sure of passing

Hi, my drinking habits at the moment are as follows, usually 5 pints on a Monday afternoon, nothing Tuesday, weds or Thursday.... then Friday and saturday I usually have about 12, just wondering what to expect from my CDT levels?, and how long I should stop drinking before my medical.

Thanks
You will be over and in the red bracket I would think .. to stand a chance stop drinking totally for 21 days prior to get in the green area

Enter code DRINKDRIVING10 during checkout for 10% off