CDT blood test.

Convicted Driver Insurance

Fiestaman

Good evening.
i have a medical on the 5th of January.
Im wanting to have a drink tomorrow for Boxing Day.
I don’t drink daily. I had a drink on the 11th and 18th of December. before that it was 20th November. when I do have a drink it’s a big binge.
I’m very active. Running 2 times weekly. Gym 3-4 times weekly. Very fit and healthy.
Any advise you could you give me in detail would be great.
Thanks Ryan

Good evening.
i have a medical on the 5th of January.
Im wanting to have a drink tomorrow for Boxing Day.
I don’t drink daily. I had a drink on the 11th and 18th of December. before that it was 20th November. when I do have a drink it’s a big binge.
I’m very active. Running 2 times weekly. Gym 3-4 times weekly. Very fit and healthy.
Any advise you could you give me in detail would be great.
Thanks Ryan
Hiya Ryan, Merry Christmas.
If you had one drink tomorrow I don't think it would cause any great hardship on your CDT.
On my DD course they did advice us to abstain for 3 to 4 weeks before our medical.
I think you just need to make sure it is one drink though and not a few bottles of wine or a bottle of Baileys!!!!
You say when you do drink it's a binge so if you binged on 11th and 18th and then tomorrow you could well have problems.

If for example your CDT is raised or on borderline there's a good chance that they will contact your GP and if you have any registered drink issues or mental health issues that could open a can of worms which can then lead you to having to prove abstinence for many months.

Suppose what I'm getting at, is that one drink tomorrow really worth it?!

Sorry to sound like a Scrooge and miserable git!!!!

See you around!
Cheers
James

Hiya Ryan, Merry Christmas.
If you had one drink tomorrow I don't think it would cause any great hardship on your CDT.
On my DD course they did advice us to abstain for 3 to 4 weeks before our medical.
I think you just need to make sure it is one drink though and not a few bottles of wine or a bottle of Baileys!!!!
You say when you do drink it's a binge so if you binged on 11th and 18th and then tomorrow you could well have problems.

If for example your CDT is raised or on borderline there's a good chance that they will contact your GP and if you have any registered drink issues or mental health issues that could open a can of worms which can then lead you to having to prove abstinence for many months.

Suppose what I'm getting at, is that one drink tomorrow really worth it?!

Sorry to sound like a Scrooge and miserable git!!!!

See you around!
Cheers
James
Much appreciated mate.
I will not be drinking at all.
I’ve been banned for 4 years I need it back. I was supposed to get mi licence back on 6th Oct but missed medical due to covid.
thanks for you advise mate. Have a great new year and happy Christmas.

Much appreciated mate.
I will not be drinking at all.
I’ve been banned for 4 years I need it back. I was supposed to get mi licence back on 6th Oct but missed medical due to covid.
thanks for you advise mate. Have a great new year and happy Christmas.
Left my medical until after christmas in case i fancied a drink but not bothered funny enough. Best to keep off it to be on the safe side

Left my medical until after christmas in case i fancied a drink but not bothered funny enough. Best to keep off itto be on the safe side
I have no choice I had to take this one. I missed my last medical because I had covid. Then I was self isolating because mother caught it.
I would have to pay again if I missed this one.
stay off stay clean. It’s not worth it. I’m not a massive drinker. But when I decide to go out. I GO OUT. 🤣
Merry Christmas mate.

Dvla got my paperwork from doctor, lab still haven't sent cdt results, is anyone else in same boat

Had medical on 8th dec DVLA have said they received my paperwork but haven't received blood results

Enter code DRINKDRIVING10 during checkout for 10% off