Caught Saturday 52 in Breath

Convicted Driver Insurance

phadi

got caught last saturday with52 breath and charged and appearing soon on court.
what shall i do and what punishment shall i expect?
can anyone plz advise

I am not a solicitor, and there is a forum for legal advice. I blew 56, so was in the same band as you if a little higher. You will get a ban within the 12 to 16 months range, and a fine based on your income. You will also be offered the Drink Driving Awareness course we reduces your ban by upto 1/4. This means if you get banned for 12 months, and are offered and take the course, your ban is reduced to 9 months.

The actual length of the ban will depend on mitigating and aggravating circumstances. If you have no criminal record, was alone in the car, you did not crash or injure anyone, and you have a good driving record, then the courts will probably ban you for 12 months. Though Magistrates are fickle, so do not take that as gospel.

got caught last saturday with52 breath and charged and appearing soon on court.
what shall i do and what punishment shall i expect?
can anyone plz advise

Upon a first conviction of driving with excess alcohol and a breath reading of 52 sentencing guidelines suggest a band C fine and a 12-16 month driving disqualification. You are also likely to be offered the chance to complete the drink driving rehabilitation course which can reduce the length of any disqualification imposed by up to 25% once completed.

Our guide to appearing at magistrates court for drink driving offences may prove useful to you.

I am preparing to appear the court and trying to prepare a statement myself as the reading was not high (52),alone in the car Got stopped after parking in the drive way obviously followed by police, they said I was driving at slower speed, so that's the case.

If any one can advise me how to prepare a statement and what point should I include. Any suggestion will be highly appreciated. This is the most troubled time in my life please anybody....

It s always good to say that you have been suffering from stress whether its work related or personal stress. Been of good character etc and never been in trouble before. Only had the two pints and felt safe to drive. No one injured and not driving in an erratic manner. Mention that you need your license for your job even if you dont and the impact it will have on family. Hope this helps

Cheers

Enter code DRINKDRIVING10 during checkout for 10% off