Caught over - questions

Convicted Driver Insurance

dumber

I was caught on Friday night in the small hours driving my car back through my small rural village from a friends house after what turned out to be one too many. Distance was only short - half a mile - but I was caught just around the first corner. A couple of questions:

1) What can i expect as punishment, breath was 51 and it was only a short distance. My income is low, around £100 per week, sometimes not even that. Fully compliant with police who seemed to express at least some sympathy for me.

2) I was given a copy of the subject test results which are fully filled in, but don't have either mine, nor my operators signature on - is this standard?

It does not matter about the lack of signatures.
For a reading of 51, the guidance for magistrates is a 12 to 16 month ban with a fine in band C, which is 1 1/4 to 1 3/4 of your weekly disposable income.... But the base for that is £100 income. On that basis the minimum fine should be £125, plus costs of about £85, plus a visit surcharge which is £10% of your fine! but again this is subject to a minimum £20. That means you should be looking, all in, at £230.
you can reduce your ban by up to 25% by doing a Drink Drive Rehabilitation Course, but this has to be offered and accepted on the dayin court.

I was caught on Friday night in the small hours driving my car back through my small rural village from a friends house after what turned out to be one too many. Distance was only short - half a mile - but I was caught just around the first corner. A couple of questions:

1) What can i expect as punishment, breath was 51 and it was only a short distance. My income is low, around £100 per week, sometimes not even that. Fully compliant with police who seemed to express at least some sympathy for me.

2) I was given a copy of the subject test results which are fully filled in, but don't have either mine, nor my operators signature on - is this standard?

Hi mate,

I was in a similar situation a couple of years ago.... Similar circumstances, blew 53 on the dreaded machine! Had 12 month ban which was reduced to 9 months following completion of rehab course. I was fined £300 all told, but all fines are different and generally decided by the amount of disposable income you have. They can either be paid in full upfront or via a monthly payment plan I believe.

chin up tho! It will all soon be over and done with! Just get saving for your next insurance quote!

All the best!

Enter code DRINKDRIVING10 during checkout for 10% off