Caught DUI Spain - what next ?

Convicted Driver Insurance

Quattro4444

Regretfully I have been caught DUI in the Cadiz area. I crashed my hire car into a roundabout. The police came and cordoned off the area until a tow truck came. I was breathlysed but did t really get too much feedback from the Police. I wasn’t arrested. My question is what happens next ? This is my first offence in Spain .

This is a grey area until BREXIT is sorted out....
Assuming you were over the Spanish legal limit (which is 22 in breath or 50 in blood) At the moment Spain could ask that you be prosecuted in this country for the drink driving offence. If we leave with a deal this is likely to continue, no deal and that procedure will probably go.
If you are thinking of returning to Spain, then you might find yourself being arrested on arrival if the case is not dealt with as a warrant will have been issued for you......

The same has happened to me as i crashed a hired car down a ditch after swerving to avoid a tractor coming down a narrow lane fortunately i was in the car on my own was also not arrested but i blew 73 i think. I am so embarressed as i have ruined my families holiday and cannot believe how stupid i am this happened Friday 5th July 2019 I am scheduled to leave Majorca on the 12th July. I have two questions should i consult a lawyer now? and what happens next?

Polotadisa, please stop copying random bits of messages and reposting them

Enter code DRINKDRIVING10 during checkout for 10% off