Caught drink driving

Convicted Driver Insurance

M.R m

I live in Northern Ireland and I was recently stopped and breathalysed by the police and admitted to consuming one and a half pints of beer and I blew 56 and 54 at the police station. I'm extremely anxious and worried of the outcome I was completely compliant with the police officers then and I even said they would put in a good word for me. I heavily rely on my licence as I am self-employed and it's the only way I can make it income. So do a lot of voluntary driving work for a local charity which heavily depend on me. I also suffer from chronic arthritis which I am prescribed strong painkillers for and they are Naproxen and co-codamol
When questioned at roadside I was asked a question on the roadside and replied I take pills for my bad back which are subscribed by the doctor it is my first offence and had a clean licence for 3 years although I've only been driving for 3 years or so. Is there any possibility that I could obtain my licence or what am I likely to receive as a punishment.
Thank you for any advice that you can offer would be very much appreciated.
Mr Hart.

Drink Driving Penalty
Details of offence as provided by you:
  • Specimen Type: breath
  • Alcohol Level: between 36 and 59
  • No previous drink driving related convictions within the proceeding 10 years
  • You have not been disqualified two or more times for 56 days or more within the proceeding 3 years
Based on the information you provided above, upon conviction of driving with excess alcohol, Magistrates' sentencing guidelines suggest:
Drink Driving Rehabilitation Course
All courts usually offer first time offenders the opportunity to take the drink driving rehabilitation course. A court may allow an offender to take the course a second time where there is a good reason to do so. Offenders will not usually be offered a chance to take the course for a third time. Completing the course can reduce any disqualification period imposed by up to 25%.
Enter New Information

Because you are in Northern Ireland, the usual magistrates guidelines do not apply. The norm is that a drink driver there gets a 12 month ban, up to quite a high reading. The trade off for this is that you have to retake your driving test.
Your own circumstances and the need for a licence are not taken into account, a ban is always imposed for drink driving.

So I'm likely to get a 12-month band even there i only had blew 54 at police station and
And my circumstances I'm going to make any difference.

Yes, and
Yes.
’only 54’ is 50% over the current legal limit.
12 months is the minimum ban that courts are allowed to give for drink driving. If you were in England or Wales it would be 12-16 months but as I said before, the trade off is that you will have to retake your test. I am told that a lot of older drivers struggle as they are tested to modern standards that differ quite a lot to when they originally learned to drive so a few driving lessons are recommended beforehand.

Drink Driving Penalty
Details of offence as provided by you:
  • Specimen Type: breath
  • Alcohol Level: between 36 and 59
  • No previous drink driving related convictions within the proceeding 10 years
  • You have not been disqualified two or more times for 56 days or more within the proceeding 3 years
Based on the information you provided above, upon conviction of driving with excess alcohol, Magistrates' sentencing guidelines suggest:
Drink Driving Rehabilitation Course
All courts usually offer first time offenders the opportunity to take the drink driving rehabilitation course. A court may allow an offender to take the course a second time where there is a good reason to do so. Offenders will not usually be offered a chance to take the course for a third time. Completing the course can reduce any disqualification period imposed by up to 25%.
Enter New Information
[/QUOMy apologies mr m for giving the wrong information and thank you Mr Price for correcting me....

As Mr price said in Northern Ireland you will be banned for a minimum of 12 months and resit your test, the info I supplied corresponds with the mainland uk ..

He wasn't wrong as such, you will still get 12 months but in England there are brackets of guidelines for disqualification that the magistrates normally follow and up to 59 it is 12-16 months. at 60-89 in it 17-22 months and so on..... it is just that these brackets do not apply in N.I.

Enter code DRINKDRIVING10 during checkout for 10% off