Caught drink driving

Convicted Driver Insurance

Becca

So Sunday night I was stupid enough to drive my car after a night out, I feel awful I’ve held my licence for 7 years and I’ve never drunk drove or had any motor convictions. They did not test me at the road side as I was only stopped because there was an accident ahead to which the police had closed the road, he was telling me time to turn around he said he could smell alcohol off me to which I said I did have a drink, they then arrested me and test me in the station where I was 3x over the legal limit. I was released in the morning with a letter to attended court on the 27th September. I’m scared about going to jail, I’m absolutely devastated I drunk drove and I’m making my self ill thinking about it, I’m 25 and have a young child and a job and I’m so scared of losing this. I have not got a solicitor can I still get one now?

Not 100% sure on what length of ban you will get for your first drink drive conviction.... but I very much doubt you will go to prison for this first time. Probably end up with a good few hours community service.

Hi Becca. It is your first offence and you are NOT going to prison as you haven't been involved in an accident. I stupidly drove too at 3.5 times over the limit which I regret every day. I blew 122 on breath which did cross the custodial threshold. I was terrified as like you had never done anything wrong and had my licence 19 years. My advice would be is to get yourself a solicitor who has experience in motoring offences. Mine cost around £400 to represent me for court but she was outstanding and also helped to keep me calm in Court. They threw the book at me as I rightly deserved but I was so relieved it wasn't prison. I got 200 hours community service, a 14 week DIDS course order (drink impaired drivers scheme) and one year probation plus a 30 month ban. I have got through it all and can reapply for my license shortly pending on Dvla medical. I also asked in court via my solicitor if I could apply for the I Am Road smart course. It costs £150 quid but it was over 2.5 days and it took 6.5 months off my ban and was actually very informative. I also told my employers straight away. It pays to be open and honest. If you want to chat you can message me. Don't beat yourself up we all make mistakes and don't stress too much it will be ok ?

Becca,
Look at this... if your 3x is less than 120 breath then the sentencing guidelines don’t include custodial.
I did 124, which IS in custodial guidelines, but I didn’t go to prison.
I paid £350 for a solicitor. He made no difference to the sentence, but stayed with me all day and guided the whole process. I would have been lost and terrified without him. Best £350 I ever spent.

Thank you! It was 86 micrograms is 100 millilitres of breath. The only problem is because I was drunk I did become hysterical when I was arrested and kicked off a bit which they are probably going to mention in court. I have got a solicitor now, he told me to get a few references from family and friends but assured me prison was very unlikely. I just think I’ve always been the unlucky one in and if anyone was going to get sent to prison it would be me ?.

Thank you! It was 86 micrograms is 100 millilitres of breath. The only problem is because I was drunk I did become hysterical when I was arrested and kicked off a bit which they are probably going to mention in court. I have got a solicitor now, he told me to get a few references from family and friends but assured me prison was very unlikely. I just think I’ve always been the unlucky one in and if anyone was going to get sent to prison it would be me ?.
Nah you will be fine. Maybe do a letter of apology too regarding your arrest. Hope your feeling a bit more positive now ?

Enter code DRINKDRIVING10 during checkout for 10% off