Caught after a domestic situation

Convicted Driver Insurance

Alanb2022

Basically I've left my home after getting in to a domestic with my partner and only got in the car to get away from possible assault driven round the corner and parked up at a garage. And returned to my address .My partner called the police and I was arrested for drink drving

Hi Alan

I know it will feel like the world is coming to and end right now, but you will get through this. Most if us here for different reasons have been through similar circumstances of various degrees.

If you feel like you can then if you would let us know what happened, what your breath reading was at the station (assuming you were breathalysed), if it is your first offence, was there anyone else involved etc then someone here might be a let to give you a rough idea of what to expect....the more detail the better really , and also you have nothing to fear here by telling the truth. And the truth will help you get a more helpful answer.

Keep your head up. There are a lot of very nice people here who can give some excellent advice.

First ever offence and Basically my partner came home and found me with someone else and as you'd expect went mad trying to hit me etc so got into the car to escape any violence more than anything and drove round the corner left the car there returned to the property on foot police already waiting at which point I was arrested when they located the car round the corner and I blew 108 at the station.....

First ever offence and Basically my partner came home and found me with someone else and as you'd expect went mad trying to hit me etc so got into the car to escape any violence more than anything and drove round the corner left the car there returned to the property on foot police already waiting at which point I was arrested when they located the car round the corner and I blew 108 at the station.....
Ok, you did blow quite high, so that will likely put you in what's called the High Risk Offender (HRO) category, but it's still not the end of the world.

Someone else will be able to give you a more precise answer shortly, but if it is your first offence and there was no crash, no one else involved, no injuries then don't worry about going to prison.....it is highly highly unlikely.

You will be banned for maybe a couple of years, there is pretty much no way around that. But there is a course you can take that will knock 25% off your ban, and you must ask for this on your day in court if it is not offered to you.....you can't ask for it afterwards.

You will also receive a fine and possibly even a community order. And you will have some hoops to jump through with medicals before you get your licence back due to being HRO. Again, others here will be able to give you a better idea of what that entails rather than me.

There is a lot of advice on theee pages and as you will see there are people who have been in worse and better situations that have all shared there experiences which in turn has helped others. Have read through and I'm sure someone with better knowledge of HRO will give their wisdom soon.....don't panic though, you've made a mistake, you will be punished, but if no one was hurt and there was no damage and it's your first offence then you have far less to worry about than you maybe first thought

Ok, you did blow quite high, so that will likely put you in what's called the High Risk Offender (HRO) category, but it's still not the end of the world.

Someone else will be able to give you a more precise answer shortly, but if it is your first offence and there was no crash, no one else involved, no injuries then don't worry about going to prison.....it is highly highly unlikely.

You will be banned for maybe a couple of years, there is pretty much no way around that. But there is a course you can take that will knock 25% off your ban, and you must ask for this on your day in court if it is not offered to you.....you can't ask for it afterwards.

You will also receive a fine and possibly even a community order. And you will have some hoops to jump through with medicals before you get your licence back due to being HRO. Again, others here will be able to give you a better idea of what that entails rather than me.

There is a lot of advice on theee pages and as you will see there are people who have been in worse and better situations that have all shared there experiences which in turn has helped others. Have read through and I'm sure someone with better knowledge of HRO will give their wisdom soon.....don't panic though, you've made a mistake, you will be punished, but if no one was hurt and there was no damage and it's your first offence then you have far less to worry about than you maybe first thought
What a brilliant post! Concise and comprehensive.

I blew 138 received a 10 week sentence suspended for a year. Plus CS etc

I blew 136, 18 months reduced with course (21 months) and 40 hours community service and fine.

You shouldn’t go to prison.

Get 3 character references for court. They should serve you well. Friend, work if possible and parent.

It’s sounds awful as you were taking refuge from a hostile situation and then she called the police. We all have our own mad reasons why we do it. When you do the course you will meet others and staying close to this forum will make you feel less like a terrible person… (which you aren’t).

Hi,

1. No Prison for you.
2. Expect a fine and maybe Commuity Service but dependant on your circumstances.
3. You will be fine, a know it is easier said than done but DO NOT let it take over! (I have been in that whole storm & know the feeling).
4. A mistake is just that, a mistake!

So keep your head up, driving is one part of life to alot of people but if you have no car.

It is not the end of the world Alan.

You will get it back.

Kind regards,

Stu

Enter code DRINKDRIVING10 during checkout for 10% off