Car Insurance after a driving ban

Convicted Driver Insurance

Eb64

I am due to get my driving license back in November and I am wondering if anyone could suggest some reasonably priced companies that would insure me after my 9 months ban and what sort is costs I’m looking at. Thanks in advance.

Swindon were the best I found, still double what I was paying originally though. I have 5 years no claims also.

Hi I had a few quotes. Adrian Flux were a joke. £120 a month! At least Dick Turpin wore a mask. I ended up with AA (Ironic) for £10 more a month than I was paying before I was convicted.
Thank you, I was warned to not use comparison sites but took the bullet today and was pleasantly surprised, I had heard horror stories about how much it would be but only £100 more a year which is great news.

Thank you, I was warned to not use comparison sites but took the bullet today and was pleasantly surprised, I had heard horror stories about how much it would be but only £100 more a year which is great news.

It all depends on age really and length of ban. Mine almost doubled in the first year from what I had been paying but it's back to pre ban levels on the third year since my ban. The insurers provided by the course and Adrian flux couldn't come within £1000 of the quotes I was getting off the price comparison sites.

Make sure you're searching incognito

Make sure it’s recorded you have a DR10
I went via a broker recommendation on the course
Carried I over my no claims bonus as well

I got a really good insurance quote with 'Be Wiser' who I am now with. Their quote was slightly higher than the quote I had at the time of my conviction. It was around £70 more than what I had last paid to Hastings in September 2018 (I was caught drink driving in February 2019). Hastings are one insurer who won't touch people with a DR10.

I was fortunate with my 'no claims' - I was banned for 21 months, which ran to 22 months because of the DVLA delays and I managed to rescue my ten years 'no claims' which is declared invalid after two years off the road. 'Be Wiser' are a broker and the chap I dealt with over the phone was very helpful.

CJ

Given that you need to provide lot's of personal detail, what's the point of going incognito? Do you go incognito when looking at this forum?
Because prices rise and change doing multiple searches, they stay the same when in incognito mode

Given that you need to provide lot's of personal detail, what's the point of going incognito? Do you go incognito when looking at this forum?

Incognito has got nothing to do with being anonymous, it has to do with tracking the user and storage of history. Standard browsing tracks cookies. Always use incognito when buying insurance, flights and certain shopping. I saved £110 on flights to Tenerife vs what my partner was being quoted after visiting holiday providers websites all day. My car insurace quotes reduced by about 5% when using incognito on a brand new account on confused that had not been used to quote before.

When using ingognito it appears to the site that it is the first time you are looking for the service. This isn't a new thing, my dad taught me how to disable cookies for booking holidays in the mid 2000's, I think around 2005.

Incognito has got nothing to do with being anonymous, it has to do with tracking the user and storage of history. Standard browsing tracks cookies. Always use incognito when buying insurance, flights and certain shopping. I saved £110 on flights to Tenerife vs what my partner was being quoted after visiting holiday providers websites all day. My car insurace quotes reduced by about 5% when using incognito on a brand new account on confused that had not been used to quote before.

When using ingognito it appears to the site that it is the first time you are looking for the service. This isn't a new thing, my dad taught me how to disable cookies for booking holidays in the mid 2000's, I think around 2005.
Thanks for the explanation! Wasn't sure how to put it into words myself ☺️

Enter code DRINKDRIVING10 during checkout for 10% off