Can you lower CDT before medical appointment?

Convicted Driver Insurance
thanks for that, yes it probably is a bit of paranoia kicking in! I was just mortified when i heard our manager say it was 70% proof...had visions of my up and coming medical going pear-shaped without even drinking! 🙃

thanks for that, yes it probably is a bit of paranoia kicking in! I was just mortified when i heard our manager say it was 70% proof...had visions of my up and coming medical going pear-shaped without even drinking! 🙃

Presuming you haven’t been drinking it, then it’ll be fine.

Got my CDT results this morning in the post 0.7% so more than happy with that in one brown envelope and in another brown envelope a licence yay

Nice one. Am I in order to ask how long you waited and when you did the medical?

CJ

These are up to date CDT guidelines from DVLA attached to my letter this morning

Attachments

• IMG_4764.JPG
    IMG_4764.JPG
    566.5 KB · Views: 65
Nice one. Am I in order to ask how long you waited and when you did the medical?

CJ
Medical Wednesday 30th September, letter this morning in post dated Tuesday 20th October with medical report/CDT levels stating licence to be received within 14 days. Then a letter dated Wednesday 21st October enclosing my licence

Medical Wednesday 30th September, letter this morning in post dated Tuesday 20th October with medical report/CDT levels stating licence to be received within 14 days. Then a letter dated Wednesday 21st October enclosing my licence
I also got my letter from the Dvla yesterday. My cdt level was 0.6. Which was interesting as 2 weeks before my medichecks reading was 0.4 and I had nothing alcoholic to drink between the two.

I also got my letter from the Dvla yesterday. My cdt level was 0.6. Which was interesting as 2 weeks before my medichecks reading was 0.4 and I had nothing alcoholic to drink between the two.

TPR

That's a great result regardless of the slight rise of 0.2%. I wouldn't worry about it - I'm lead to believe an increase of yeast, sugar or citric can push the reading up.

As I asked Jimbob - how long have you waited since posting off your D1?

My ban is due to expire on the 13th December. I posted my D1 and the cheque on the 17th September (cheque has not yet been cashed). Not heard anything since.

CJ

Have you got your licence back yet? Do they only give you your results when your licence has been issued/refused?

I haven’t received mine yet but DVLA should be receiving GP info next week.

Reactions: TPR
These are up to date CDT guidelines from DVLA attached to my letter this morning

So under 1.7 and your fine then? I thought I read for HRO it had to be under 1.0? Or was that for individuals with documented alcohol problems and having to prove no alcohol for 6/12 months?

So under 1.7 and your fine then? I thought I read for HRO it had to be under 1.0? Or was that for individuals with documented alcohol problems and having to prove no alcohol for 6/12 months?
Yeah well under 1.7 must admit I thought the numbers for CDT had changed (I included a photo higher up thread) The guidance on the DVLA letter for CDT is totally different from what I was given when on my Drink Drive course in January 2019

Jimbob

I am only assuming that if a banned driver is classed as a alcohol dependant then the benchmark is below 1.0% and if the driver is classed as alcohol misuser then the benchmark is 1.7%. I could be completely wrong about that theory.

I'm assuming I will be classed as alcohol dependant because of my past medical history with alcohol problems so I'm aiming for anything below 1.0% for my HRO medical.

CJ

Jimbob

I am only assuming that if a banned driver is classed as a alcohol dependant then the benchmark is below 1.0% and if the driver is classed as alcohol misuser then the benchmark is 1.7%. I could be completely wrong about that theory.

I'm assuming I will be classed as alcohol dependant because of my past medical history with alcohol problems so I'm aiming for anything below 1.0% for my HRO medical.

CJ
Yeah maybe, I think your idea of getting below 1.0 was because someone posted that most folk aim for below 1.0 if they were dependant, if I've done 0.7 and TPR said he/she did 0.6 what's betting you're 0.5 or 0.8 lol

Reactions: TPR
Have you got your licence back yet? Do they only give you your results when your licence has been issued/refused?

I haven’t received mine yet but DVLA should be receiving GP info next week.
Yes. I received my license last week and the dvla sent out the cdt result afterwards. I wasn’t expecting the cdt result to be sent without asking.

Enter code DRINKDRIVING10 during checkout for 10% off