Can I get my licence back.

Convicted Driver Insurance

Pippa246

Hi,
I had a two year ban for Drink Driving ten years ago. I had a problem with alcohol which I have now addressed and haven't had a drink for five months with the great care and support I have received that is now becoming more available. I went into a detox ward on the 18/03/2019 that has enabled me to get my life back on track and would like to apply for my driving licence. However, I am worried that it will be refused or I will have to take my test again.....any feedback would be greatly appreciated.

According to the DVLA's guidelines if you have been in a detox center they will automatically class you as dependent. When you have been classed as dependant by the DVLA you must be 1 year free from alcohol/detox by the time you apply for your licence.

You must be able to prove how long you have been sober for and this can be done through doctors records. You must attend your GP regularly to log how long you have been sober and having your GP perform an LFT test every few months will go a long way to providing this evidence. Going by the dates you have provided you will be eligible to hold a licence on 18/03/2020, you may apply for your licence 8 weeks before this date so they have plenty of time to contact your GP etc before the re-issue.

Here are the guidelines as shown on the GOV.uk website.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20190809-122832.jpg
    Screenshot_20190809-122832.jpg
    438.7 KB · Views: 9
  • Screenshot_20190809-122843.jpg
    Screenshot_20190809-122843.jpg
    477 KB · Views: 9
To Grice 96,
Thanks for your reply that is so helpful and you've just saved me a lot of money that I would have spent applying too soon.
Pippa246

To Grice 96,
Thanks for your reply that is so helpful and you've just saved me a lot of money that I would have spent applying too soon.
Pippa246
Really well done you have came this far! Hang in there and before you know it you will be on the roads again!

Enter code DRINKDRIVING10 during checkout for 10% off