Can I drive whilst I’m waiting for my licence to be sent to me

Convicted Driver Insurance

Chloboxox

I am currently on a driving ban, which ends on the 15th December. I have sent off the application form DVLA sent to me in the post to retain my licence back, they have signed and received it as I brought tracked and signed recorded delivery. When I phoned them they said there was a 6-10 week delay. Am I allowed to drive whilst I am waiting for my licence to come in the post. DVLA mentioned section 88, but after looking, I’m unsure if it’s only allowed if your licence has expired and your waiting for a new one?? im really confused and want to make sure I’m doing everything correctly.

Good morning,

Unfortunately I cannot say either way.

The DVLA say that it is decision for you to make yourself after having read the guidance and if you make it incorrectly they will prosecute. I completely understand how annoying it is and I am sorry I cannot give you the answer you want, but I would hate to say it is ok to drive and then have the DVLA/Police prosecute you.

Sorry I could not help.

Martin.

Well if I look at the criteria of section 88 and I feel I have answered yes to every question, am I then able to drive under the section 88, I phoned dvla today and they said they have received my application, and there’s something called the section 88.

Enter code DRINKDRIVING10 during checkout for 10% off